Nugget Shooter Forums

Bracelet What the hell is it?

I went out on the beach last night after we have had a bit of sand movement. You never know what you are going to get in the soft spots and the normal spots but I got this bracelet that is so weird. It is like brass/bronze with some sort of melted metal on top and a little cage with this cube with another cube sticking out the side. The cube in the cage is difficult to see but it is loose and there is a little rattle to it.

Maybe this is proof that alien life was here before!

Mitchel

post-26254-0-42230400-1386607207_thumb.j

post-26254-0-18995300-1386607236_thumb.j

post-26254-0-62561000-1386607264_thumb.j

post-26254-0-10492400-1386607296_thumb.j

Ok, I had the bracelet analyzed and the ring is 85% copper so is probably bronze. The 'salad' on the top is silver! (I didn't think it was because it was not tarnished.) And that leaves the crystal.

The analysis said it was mostly iron but a friend of mine told me that he thought it is galena. I looked up galena and it is associated with led and silver mining so I think he is right. Someone found that crystal and made the bracelet just for it. The crystal is free floating in the little cage but it doesn't have much 'mass' when moving it.

So forum, what do we know about galena?

Mitchel

I don't think it's galena simply because it's a pretty soft mineral. It does look like it though. You mentioned the fact that it moves around in the "cage" and I don't see any wear on that crystal which is something I would expect if it were galena . Can you do a streak test on it? Need a piece of white unglazed porcelain. The underside of your toilet lid might work it it's white enough. . Just stroke the crystal lightly across the porcelain. Galena will give a gray streak.

Ok, I showed the bracelet to some meteor watchers and hunters this weekend in Franconia and they told me the crystal is pyrite. So, that part of the mystery is solved but I don't know if we will ever know who made it and if there are more like it some place.

Mitchel

I bet it is does have some kind of metaphysical qualities. Over here by the Cargo Muchachos, they found kyanite on what is known as Bluebird Hill. Kyanite takes away all negative feelings. Ghost hunters swear by it. One should really carry some when out detecting.