Nugget Shooter Forums

The Streak Continues!!!

Got out again today with just the family to do some more meteorite hunting. We started out at a different dry lake, but after several hours of turning up nothing we headed back to CDL. Since I have posted so many finds of ours from there I'm not really worried about keeping things hush-hush!! This time it was MY day to get lucky. About an hour after arriving at CDL I stumbled across a little 4.9 gram piece. They stand out now like a shark in a goldfish tank. The field pic of this guy was not too good for some reason, but I am posting it anyway to show scale.

49Gram_zps251fbf2b.jpg

I took the picture, marked the location on my GPS, weighed it, bagged it, stood up and literally walked maybe 20-25 feet and found this 11.8 gram piece. The picture for this one came out much better.

118gram_zps6d92ff62.jpg

After doing the same routine I was hoping to get lucky again, but it wasn't in the cards. So we ended the day with only the two finds from me, but smiles on our faces. These make up for the two pieces we traded to a guy at the gem show for a good size geode for April. The two we traded were 2.2 grams and 2.7 grams....so I think we made out okay with these two finds. Here is a look at them all cleaned up. Happy hunting!!

Doubles_zps37b598c2.jpg

Nice Finds Chris. I think that area should be good to you for a while. Superior Valley is not to far from you also, bet you will find a lot there also.

Dude, you guys are on fire, I think you've now been to CYDL as many times as I have since 2010 except you find meteorites every time you go! Great job.

I've been out to Superior 3 times and skunked, so maybe Dave's right and we need to get the Coffee Crew out there to show me where to hunt!

Edited by Mikestang

Dude, you guys are on fire, I think you've now been to CYDL as many times as I have since 2010 except you find meteorites every time you go! Great job.

I've been out to Superior 3 times and skunked, so maybe Dave's right and we need to get the Coffee Crew out there to show me where to hunt!

Dave and Mike,

That is where we actually started this morning. We were on the far western lake since that is the only one you can get to anymore, and walked around for many hours. That lake bed is absolutely barren. I mean, we found more ammo projectiles there than we SAW rocks...period (except for the shoreline, of course)! If they are there it is going to take some SERIOUS dirt-pounding to find them. But you know me, Mike! If there is a chance they are there, I am willing to hit it. So let's plan a trip! You can ride with us this time. :thumbsupanim

PS....Hahahaha, April finally got skunked! :yesss: