Nugget Shooter Forums

yesterday

boulder dash

Well was extremely cold and windy yesterday in the Kingman area. A total of 3.5 hours of cold detecting and was able to get these 3 bits. The area I was working was really wet loud ground to work with the Vlf. Lots of volcanic rocks and iron stone to scream in my ears. I think some day I may have to try one of those big heavy pi detectors you guys like. I'm sure I missed a few in all that Vlf noise.

post-1498-0-54514900-1386376911_thumb.jp

Nice going Mr. Dash. No leave the PI alone and at least I might have a chance walking after you.

Old Tom.

Addition? Addition???!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drum roll! Trumpets blaring!????

Newly weds have something to tell us? A little Frankie to run around????? He'd have a helluva lot of God-fathers!

Just ask'n

Addition? Addition???!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drum roll! Trumpets blaring!????

Newly weds have something to tell us? A little Frankie to run around????? He'd have a helluva lot of God-fathers!

Just ask'n

:laught16::25r30wi: wait.... :89:

Nice nugs boulder dash!

Edited by Dakota Slim

Addition ,..as in additional square footage to install the wood stove so we have heat in the worst of winter.
Them dam heat pumps on the A/C unit ain't worth chit except to take the chill out when its around 60 degrees.
I'm tired of freezing when the winter comes , gimmie them triple digits cause the A/C works great.

Lil Frankies ???? Don't hold yer breath. We have Jeannie the dog an just got Tux the cat so that's enough of lil ones fer this address.

P.S. That is pretty gold. Same creek ???

Edited by frank c

Yes Frank same place just removed some overburden. The correct mining term is placered the overburden with a small amount of handstacking. Also I hit that other area but not as much luck. I may go again tomorrow but am waiting to see

Hey BD,

Nice lookin nuggs... we guys sure like looking at nuggs.... Congrats on the nice finds. Watch out for Frank though, for some reason he likes raping those nuggs. :brows: Hope you get more.

Dave.

Way to go dooood! :)
I saw that cold front moving in the first of the week and saw the temps up there and said to myself.

Wades gonna freeze! :)
Glad ya got out and got some.

Tom H.

Nice ones! Ground is frozen the top 4" at Meadview. You aren't missing much without the PI, even the quiet ground here is kinda noisy with all the ice chunks and water in it.

Nice ones! Ground is frozen the top 4" at Meadview. You aren't missing much without the PI, even the quiet ground here is kinda noisy with all the ice chunks and water in it.

Jason,

Are you getting closer to cracking Meadview? Any new finds?

Dave.

I got a little half grammer and a 1.2 grammer. And that's like 40 hours of hunting. I give up on this place again! (I tell myself that every year I guess...) I've seen enough pictures of tables full of 4 ouncers found a few inches deep with old BFO's to last me a lifetime. :arrowheadsmiley:

I took Boulder Dash's advice and got me a Gold Bug 2 and I've been picking up the slack on all that exposed caliche and bedrock in the basin. Power for price man, that detector is a dandy.

Do you use that larger elliptical coil much? I think it's like 8" or 10". I was thinking about giving it a try for some of these places the sand or hardpack is covering the caliche like 6 inches deep. Just wondering how much difference that coil makes.

I can get 5 or 6 of those little guys a day if I run across the right stretch, I'm not at you and Adam's Yoda level quite yet but I'm working on it. :head:

Edited by JasonG

No the 10 inch elliptical just did not seem sensitive enough while I used it. When I was a beginning I only used the 10 inch coil. One of the patches I found had a area of exposed bedrock where I detected 10-15 targets mostly bird shot and a few nuggets. Being my only coil i scrapped and scrubbed till I was sure there were no more targets. Put the 6 inch on and hit the patch again. Target after target some being gold were recovered. The sensitivity of the 6 inch was just so much better I don't think I will ever go back.

No the 10 inch elliptical just did not seem sensitive enough while I used it. When I was a beginning I only used the 10 inch coil. One of the patches I found had a area of exposed bedrock where I detected 10-15 targets mostly bird shot and a few nuggets. Being my only coil i scrapped and scrubbed till I was sure there were no more targets. Put the 6 inch on and hit the patch again. Target after target some being gold were recovered. The sensitivity of the 6 inch was just so much better I don't think I will ever go back.

I can vouch for that!

Went up to Owl wash/up the hill to where you and Mrs Dash were pulling out the dinks.

I scraped, dug, spit, cussed, cried....everything......you didnt leave a fly speck for me! :)

But, you did miss one crusty ol 22 bullet. I got it if you want it :P Oh ya....there are no more iron stones in the wash if you want to

hit it again. They are all up on the sides now.

Hit a lot of ground southwest of that area and came up with some really nice old bullets and wire. Whats wire doing 1/2 mile back in the middle of nowhere????????.

I think people are throwing stuff out of airplanes over that area :(

Good day out. PERFECT detecting weather.

Tom H.