Nugget Shooter Forums

ASSAULT RIFLE

Yes, those were the good ol days weren't they Don?

I imagine that if they tried to confiscate assault rifles today they would have the same results.

I wonder which Americans would be the targets in the "new revolution"? If the government were to ban assault rifles tomorrow who exactly would be the enemy of the revolutionaries? How would the patriots use their weapons to defend their freedoms?

Good Question BOB! FEMA, ATFE, IRS? The only LEO II Fear Not here is the Sheriff. They only work with State and Local Law. They don't seem to back up the Federal Law at all. Some of them would be unable to carry a Firearm under federal law.

I have removed all posts or responses to such posts that have strayed off topic or posting offensive remarks concerning the beliefs of others.

We all have the right to believe in what we choose, there will very little to no tolerance from forum management for belittling others for their beliefs, political affiliation, etc.

Suggestion ... Try leaning a bit forward to better control recoil and tendency for rising barrel upon firing while sitting on that rock. Accuracy will improve with better shooting posture.

Mike F

Well it seems the Federal Government did not Get that Memo. They think we work for them.

Yup, think about it, where do "they" get "their" money?

Well, I know that I "contribute" to "their" cause. :rolleyes:

We do the work, earn the money and "they" spend it. :2mo5pow:

Sure reminds me of an ex-wife. :brows:

Steve,

Good point regarding a possible terminology error, BB is sure to notice such and comment accordingly. Cogent and well thought out comments methinks.

Hoping all of my Nugget Shooter Amigos are not freezing, having a good Christmas, and mucho oro in everyones future, if Frank, Mitchell, Boulder Dash, Adam, etc. etc. don't bogart all of it. :4chsmu1:

Jeff

An AR-15 is not an assault weapon, an M-16 is..... don't fall for the terminology error.

Actually the AR-15 IS an assault weapon. That is a political term meaning any semi auto patterned after a military weapon that has been added to the official list of "Assault Weapons".

The AR-15 is not an assault RIFLE. The M-16 is.

The term "Assault Rifle" has a distinct definition. The term "Assault Weapon" is defined by congress. They make the list.

And guess what Steve...The AR-15 IS ON THAT LIST!

So if terminology is important then get it right!

Assault rifles are illegal without special permitting. Assault weapons are legal but the gun grabbers are after them. It is a "slang" term that is constantly being re-defined to suit the politician.

Don't gripe at me for correcting you. Just look it up and you will see. Assault RIFLES are fully auto military weapons. Assault WEAPONS are the subject of debate and our lawmakers decide which ones qualify. That is precisely what the AWB was all about. An arbitrary list of weapons, none of which were assault rifles. A new term was created (Assault weapon) with an open ended fill-in-the blank list. They defined several military style rifles with certain military features as "assault weapons". Not one on the list was an "assault rifle".

So just like "speci" and "specie"... The terms may sound similar and folks might confuse them. But they are two entirely different critters. And since the mil spec version of the AR-15 is defined BY LAW as an "assault weapon" IT IS. It is NOT an assault RIFLE. An M-16 is.

Don't believe me...Google it and learn the correct terminology for yourself BEFORE you put your foot in your mouth and I won't have the pleasure of correcting you (again)!

BTW the rifle in the photo is neither an assault rifle nor an assault weapon. The artist obviously did not know the difference either.

Edited by Bedrock Bob

:hide:There is the mis-use of terminology again! Slang! Once again, proving the terminology is important!

When the Federal Government orders AR-15's they regard them as "Personal Protection Weapon", not to be confused with an Assault Weapon.

Jim

Edited by Desertsunburn

The term "Assault Rifle" has a distinct definition. The term "Assault Weapon" is defined by congress. They make the list.

That Kool Aid even has you believing that gun hating loonie Diane Feinstein....as it was her that defined it. Your going downhill fast, I suggest you switch to beer

That Kool Aid even has you believing that gun hating loonie Diane Feinstein....as it was her that defined it. Your going downhill fast, I suggest you switch to beer

Actually you are dead wrong again. If that really matters at this point in the discussion.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban

Thanx for tip Mike-already known,that stance was from a aching back from blasting dozens of big bores for about 5 hours and last one to fire for the day before clean up day-I always prefer to stand on my own 2 feet but ol'fart was bloody tired and that Weatherby is a chore to shoot and even more embarassing to end up on my arse after a long day a fun n' the sun-John

Hoping they don't really mean "Register" in that poster ... Me thinks it is more like the background check to purchase a new gun or perhaps the number of Concealed Carry Weapons (CCW) permits. :idunno:

Mike F