Nugget Shooter Forums

Comet News..

Hi RimShot.

Got my binos, tripod, and quilt ready for evening and early morning viewing.

Saginaw

Edited by saginaw72

Well it has to make it around the sun first, and if it don't burn up they say we won't even need binocs or a telescope to see it. Today is a critical time for it. Please, please, don't burn up going around the sun... :yesss:

Darn! I was hoping it would make it. I was really looking forward to watching it.

Saginaw

And even better pictures coming in. http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/29/us/ison-comet/

Wow! This is really getting interesting now.

ISON was an estimated 1/2 mile in diameter before some of it got melted.

The closest ISON came to the sun was a minimum distance of 730,000 miles. Estimated of course.

It passed by the sun at an estimated maximum speed of 850,000 mph.

Now you know what happens when you pass your arm thru fire real fast...you might singe a few hairs but you won't get burn't.

And surely you know that the sun has redirected the orbit a bit. How much? No body knows. (Yet)

Now if it ever passes earth again, it's suppose to be some 40 million miles away. Which way, if the sun indeed bothered it's orbit, do you think ISON is headed closer to earth on it's return trip OR farther away then the 40 million miles predicted? And tell me what reasons you base your opinion on.

Of course it could just fall apart, but I don't think so.

This is just for funzeys....lol

:2mo5pow:

UHG!! Now I've got to dig out my binos, tripod, and quilt again. I put them away after the ISON 'memorial'.

Edited by saginaw72

ISON was an estimated 1/2 mile in diameter before some of it got melted.

The closest ISON came to the sun was a minimum distance of 730,000 miles. Estimated of course.

It passed by the sun at an estimated maximum speed of 850,000 mph.

Now you know what happens when you pass your arm thru fire real fast...you might singe a few hairs but you won't get burn't.

But the temp was an estimated 5000F. There may be something left but not nearly as much as before.

But the temp was an estimated 5000F. There may be something left but not nearly as much as before.

But it's moving at 850,000 mph...

Here's another great shot clearly showing a tail as it streaks away from the sun.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/comet-ison-didn-sun-experts-article-1.1532460

Also tells you the time for best viewing but it don't say if you will need some type of visual aid.

This is amazing stuff to me. A thought just crossed my mind. Could this be the bright star over Bethlehem?

post-26159-0-55010200-1385799159_thumb.j

Right when we get our hopes up, comet ISON has fallen apart...drats....but has dazzled a many eye. So long comet ISON. Its been a good ride.

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/comet-isons-leftovers-fade-away-right-satellites-eyes-2D11674277