Nugget Shooter Forums

I guess any reason will do.

It does not matter where you live. If ypu have a felony conviction, domestic order or have been found mentally ill you are prohibited from owning a gun. Many cities cross check court records with databases and disarm criminals. Cali is just the first STATE to do it.

The laws that allow this were passed decades ago. Cops have been using the list for years. It is just recently a funded "program".

I stand with the NRA in support of the program but hesitant about the way it is carried out. We SHOULD disarm criminals but door to door confiscation leaves a lot of room for law abiding owners to be unfairly treated.

This State program started last year. It was funded well and came into effect in April with wide bipartisan support and endorsed by the NRA. Now when cops try to use it to take guns out of the hands of felons suddenly they are storm troopers preying on innocent law abiding gun owners.

If you run afoul of the law you are prohibited from owning a gun. When police try to enforce the law they are being oppressive. We scream about "States Rights" but when a State excercises their rights we cry foul. We support keeping guns from criminals but when a cop disarms a criminal we shed big alligator tears.

ITt has been law for decades. We keep saying we need no new laws and simply need to enforce existing ones. But when we start enforcing existing laws we don't like that either.

At one point not too long ago gun owners were at odds with criminals. Now a lot of gun owners are trying to protect criminals right to bear arms and prevent police from disarming them.

Funny world we live in. People are all about law and order until the laws apply to them and suddenly they are being oppressed and their rights are being violated.

Don't believe in States Rights? Feel that a felon has the right to arm himself? Think the cops are out of line trying to disarm thugs when the law allows it? Think this stops with California??

I am afraid lots of folks are going to get a rare glimpse of the reality they have created over the past twenty years

It is what they voted for and blindly supported on BOTH sides of the political nickel. We deserve exactly what we get because this is exactly what gun owners and gun control advocates BOTH SUPPORTED.

In answer to your rhetorical question ,"I guess any reason will do" the answer is "NO". Only the reasons the law is applicable. Only if you have been found guilty of a crime that warrants disarming in the state you reside in. As per the law of the land. So if you don't want to be disarmed then don't break the law, keep yourself in good mental health and know your local laws. If you wind up with a domestic order, a felony or a mental issue know that you are not allowed to own a gun. And in this brave new world those laws may be enforced rather than ignored.

Edited by Bedrock Bob

Failure to pay Toll Bill? Misdemeanors. Some parking tickets can be a Misdemeanor. Bob. I do not remember that being stated in the constitution.

How do you feel about this one? No Misdemeanors, charges or any other infraction of the law? http://gunsnfreedom.com/this-is-how-gun-confiscation-is-happening-and-its-actually-legal/

I wonder just how many people out there have never had a Parking Ticket, Dog Pound called on them, Jay walking, If you have not then you don't have a life. Your a Good Little Clone. Just what they want. Confiscation of fire Arms with out Reason is just plain Wrong.

Edited by homefire

This is a STATE law. It only applies in California. And if Californians want to disarm traffic offenders and are willing to take it to higher court then that is their right in this Republic.

That is NOT what the law says Homefire. That is what THE ARTICLE SAYS. So don't believe all of it. Those laws only apply to California a and it is not as simple as the article spins it. You need to get the real story rather than letting your imagination run wild.

That is the beauty of States rights. People can decide for their group how they handle issues important to them. In a very liberal state like California we can expect to see stricter gun laws, more environmentalism and a different style of government. In a conservative state like we live in our laws are much different. That is the beauty of our system. We can all live in a place where laws and customs suit us. We can carry on our hip and shoot bottles on the roadsides as we like it in New Mexico. They can round up all the guns as they like it in California.

I kinda liked the old west where a tree was used to deal out justice and that ended that right or wrong.

As far as guns go I think lil Ranbo cops using stun guns and killing someone should be a death penalty for using unneeded force. I would much rather get lead in me than get that stun gun.

Now you guys this is the season of Thanksgiving ( You know when the whitemen and Indians discussed how the white man deserved the indians land ? )

So no more pissing contest until after Thanksgiving GOT IT ?

Everyone was looking when this law was passed. Now they are picking up weapons from those who should not have them people try to say they are in the wrong.

No rogue laws. Nothing done in secret. No one is being disarmed except the ones that by law can not carry.

Instead of targeting innocent gun owners this law targets criminals. It is EXACTLY what we have been screaming for instead of more restrictions on law abiding, ethical gun owners.

They ought to expand it to include gang members, drug offenders and members of radical political groups as well. No problems with me for sure.

Edited by Bedrock Bob

My bet is I could find some bad bad things in your past that would preclude you from owning a fire arm if I tried?

One thing I learned in the Military is the Rules cover Everyone. No one is Perfect! No one is a Santo! If you keep thinking the way you do you too will find your self with a Sling Shot.

Actually, when I purchased my rifles it took forever to get that background check. Turns out back during my first divorce my wife asked for a protection order. The judge asked if I objected and I said no. We promised to stay 100 yards away from each other and act like adults. Thirty years later I can't purchase a gun.

But it worked out. The FBI gave me some advice and I went back and got the magistrate to strike it from my record. I got a number that allows them to retain my background check on a list so my checks are as easy as showing my card.

YES! HOMEFIRE! I have a card with my federal background check already completed so I can purchase a gun (or several) AND THERE IS NO WAIT FOR AUTHORIZATION.

So yes. You COULD find something in my past that would prevent me from owning a gun. But the story just does not end there. We have laws and rights and recourse and the system works pretty good.

You know you should apply for the card. Anyone can. When you buy a gun you are pre approved...sort of. Check it out. It may ease your mind about all this. They just aren't as powerful as you view them. You have recourse but you are convinced you do not. Stop focusing on some futile fight and imagined obstacles and BE FREAKING FREE!

My God man! This is the wild west and you are acting like you are a slave to some oppressive regeime. It is just a huge bummer Homie! You either create your world or someone else will.

Everyone was looking when this law was passed. Now they are picking up weapons from those who should not have them people try to say they are in the wrong.

No rogue laws. Nothing done in secret. No one is being disarmed except the ones that by law can not carry.

Instead of targeting innocent gun owners this law targets criminals. It is EXACTLY what we have been screaming for instead of more restrictions on law abiding, ethical gun owners.

They ought to expand it to include gang members, drug offenders and members of radical political groups as well. No problems with me for sure.

So You want a Law that is already a law? Murder is Murder, Assault is Assault. What ta hell deference is it if it's a hate crime or just Murder?

You need to relax! Take some deep breaths. You are way too worked up and need to spend some time trying to get it all nailed down around the edges.

I find it sad that we JUST NOW STARTED TO SYSTEMATICALLY DISARM CRIMINALS. We should have been doing it for years. We might not have so many F&$@ed up laws today if we would have enforced these laws 20 years ago.

Edited by Bedrock Bob