Nugget Shooter Forums
Uncle Ron

GPAA Impossible to communicate with!!!!!!!!!!

Having trouble getting through to renew my GPAA membership ... Anyone at GPAA please email me so I can do so .... Thanks....Cheers, Unc

Edited by Uncle Ron

Simply wave a $20 in the air and them CENSORED will be there to take it-John

My only experience with GPAA was going to some meetings with the local group in town.. at first it seemed fun to be around other miners but then it got all boring biz they barely left time to share stories.. seemed like talking about and sharing gold was not the focus.. then the regional person came and analyzed the meeting and shut down our fb account and told us we could not order beer from the restaurant and we had to be silent as mice I am sure there was more.. etc.. needless to say.. I didn't go back.. too many rules !! Are others like that too? I mean ours actually had a gavel that he banged when we got to excited about a subject like GOLD!

That's funny, I've been around both brothers, of the Massie family, and they drank like fish. Grubstake

• Like 1

Yes my experience is the same as your TB....hope other charters are not like yours and mine...thought clubs were about sharing our gold hunting and prospecting adventures with others...and heck a beer makes it even more fun.....I belong to one club right now...only three members...Me, Myself, and I..heck we even share a beer or two and are pretty friendly types.. :2drink: Myself, never minds when I want to take a break from diggin those nuggets.. :Diggin_a_hole: and Me, personally don't mind when Myself and I go for a beer run...Happy hunting to you all....Heck , the problem is when any organization gets to Big..they lose touch with the llittles who got them there.... :idunno:

• Like 1

I realized a long time ago that after Buzzard died and his kids took the helm, that the only thing they cared about was how much cash they could put into the corporate account. It was no longer about the little guy going out and finding his first nugget.

• Like 2

Once any association or group have Lawyers involved :arrowheadsmiley: ,.......well, need I say any more ?

Don't worry Ron they will hound you until they get your dues. In my opinion the corporation changed for the worse after the sale. That said the Phoenix chapter the Gpap is very active. Membership is free if you belong to the GPAA. We have something going every month. Like anything else you get out what you put in. I can see the day where the Gpap may be on their own if things keep going downhill.

I just renewed my GPAA membership recently, it came faster than other years. Didn't have the Gold Fever DVD set I'd thought was to come with a 3 year renewal.

I've never been to a chapter meeting, only had a membership to use the claims if taking a trip out SW. People at the claims were friendly, you would expect that from anyone out prospecting.

Edited by Red_desert

Unc,

Did Kevin message you? His addition to the group going over from Minelab seemed like a very positive move but I have also heard that there is a chance they will not be putting on any or at least fewer gold shows this coming year.

Mitchel

Mesa gold show in Jan

Prescott Valley AZ Show in March 2014 at Tim's Toyota Center. Forgotten the exact day but I think it is mid month ... check the next magazine and it probably will be posted.

Mike F

Yes my experience is the same as your TB....hope other charters are not like yours and mine...thought clubs were about sharing our gold hunting and prospecting adventures with others...and heck a beer makes it even more fun.....I belong to one club right now...only three members...Me, Myself, and I..heck we even share a beer or two and are pretty friendly types.. :2drink: Myself, never minds when I want to take a break from diggin those nuggets.. :Diggin_a_hole: and Me, personally don't mind when Myself and I go for a beer run...Happy hunting to you all....Heck , the problem is when any organization gets to Big..they lose touch with the llittles who got them there.... :idunno:

I wouldnt trust the myself guy....he seems to want to argue with me and I. :)

Tom