Nugget Shooter Forums

The last time I used mine it picked up the brass button on a pair of cut off jeans at a foot or better.....

a Coiltek 3" mono with a 20" handle Pinpointer1.jpg

been discontinued for about ten years and when I'm using my 19" DD or 25" mono I strap this baby on my harness...Pinpointer2.jpg sure saves a load of digging.

Now that's being creative..and it beats damaging any nuggets. Sometimes we learn the hard way....on that note of pin-pointers. I use the Garret pro-pointer now ..I learned my lesson...may try the coin slide trick to get better sensitivity. After I locate deep target and i get close to it, I stop and use the pointer, chipping away at the clay until I expose the nugget, been working well for me.

So 49, how close do you have to be to the target before the pin pointer buzzes or beaps? 1"/2"/3"/4"??? And yes the coin trick works.

Hey Garimpo,

By todays standards I wouldn't call that a pin pointer...lol

Rim it is a pin pointer for large holes that are dug with a P.I.
Sometimes you can have a problem actually finding the target when you don't want to make a wheel barrow sized hole on a deep target.
Having the bigger coiltek unit will allow you to find out if the target is on one side of the hole or straight down saving a lot of digging.

Frank is right on Rim.....any coil from a 18" on up with a PI can give you some serious digging.....I've dug a few four foot holes that had nuggets at the bottom of them and my 3" pinpointer saved me from digging a giant hole each time.

Even with the newer coils that are coming out some of the smaller coils when used on a PI can cause blisters and back ache.....

hmmm...well i see the connector on it...do you plug it into your detector? Do they still make them?

Rim this "pinpointer" is actually a 3" mono coil with a handle. It connects to the detector just like any other coil does.

When the GP Extreme first came out I flew to Vegas and bought one from Doc and over on one of his tables he had this little thing that I thought was a toy at first. Then Doc explained it to me and also said it was the last one since they had been discontinued. Up till then I had been using a SD2200 and on some of the holes here the big nuggets are deep and with just a pick it's a real bugger finding them. Try putting a 18" mono down in a hole and pinpointing with it. You end up with a hole big enough to lean back in and take a bath! If your close to a river or stream you'll sometimes have enough water too!

The second day back from Vegas I was using the new Extreme with the also new Coiltek 12x24 UFO mono. We were using a dozer to push an area where an old prospector told me deep nugget were there. We had a pretty good size area pushed about four feet deep, cherry picking nuggets after each push. Then I got a signal that was almost a signal, kind of a sigh type. At that depth already four feet of dirt had been removed so had to be a nugget. So instead of using the dozer and messing it up I started digging. After just over a foot I connected the new "pinpointer" and got a signal, not a blast but a signal. Kept digging another three feet and almost straight down and out came a 182 gram beauty. No rock, just pure gold.

After resting a bit and having a coffee I reinstalled the UFO and started beeping again. I got about 10 feet and got another little signal just like the other one. After repeating the entire action I had just finished and again using the "pinpointer" and also at four more feet down was a 180 gram nugget, also pure gold.

As we were doing the high fives the land owner drove up. Everybody was getting 10% except the tractor owner. The owner grabbed both nuggets and said "their mine" and turned and droved off. He didn't divide with anyone.

Yes we did a lot more push there but only small nuggets.....and we shared!

Sounds like that "owner" needed a swift kick in the ass to me.
After all that work with the dozer and beepin an diggin to discover the goods and he just commandeers the goods.
Without you and the beeper experience it would'nt have been there.
Wow no pre dig agreement Don ??? Or did this guy reneg ?

Man-o-Man....yep,,,he would have got his azz kicked good. That's a dammm shame Don. Sorry to hear Don. I hope the owner goes to hell too.