Nugget Shooter Forums

MINELAB 2300

Yep it's now official.....spent a three hour session this morning with the Minelab reps.....2 1/2 hours were spent going over the GPX 5000, with a long question and answer session.

The last half hour or so was showing the new Minelab's answer to the Garrett ATX.....they had a large plastic bin of water they put the 2300 in for 20 minutes or so before pulling off the Minelab banner that was covering it. Then Ana Sanguinetti along with Manuel (?) threw the machine on the floor three times and the external speaker was still working. It is powered by four C size batteries and the whole machine is waterproof. They didn't have a lot of the tech info but it is a PI machine. The shaft looks like the shaft of a CTX 3030, big and strong. In fact Ana stood on it to prove it's strength. It appeared to have a 8" coil, didn't get to hear if it is a DD or mono. 150 people shoving and asking questions kind of got out of hand. Manuel did say they still don't have all the tech info on the machine yet.

When folded up for storage or travel it is about the size of a camcorder before the digital age. A very neat package.

They also had some very well done pamphlets on how to tell the fake detectors from China from the real detectors.

All in all a good meeting.

Jeff yesterday I left the meeting after about 90% had left before me. So last night after reading your post about pics I went to the hotel of the Minelab reps to see about pics.

They said that the showing yesterday was a secret showing and I had already left when they announced that fact. The official showing will be sometime later this month.

So for now forget anything I posted about the Minelab 2300!!! Also :duc:

SSSSoooooooo, 2300 huh ???

Sure looks like 2300 comes after 2200 when yer counting sounds good to me I'd like to see a continuation of the proven powers that be from the 2000 2100 2200 series.
VERI INTERESTING :head:

I'd be more than interested on a looksee at that maual on how to tell phony units as many MANY makes and models showing up for sale el cheapo and seen quite a few knockoffs on craigslist,swaps and sales at fairgrounds of the huge 2-3 day and leave town type. Thanx for ANY further insight into this vexing problem as seen minelab,fisher and garrett knockoffs-John

So much for them not coming up with anything new in the very near future. Don, speaking about the ATX, THey are using the field test you guys did in the new advert on the back cover of the ICMJ. I don't remember you finding those nuggets

post-1252-0-52525400-1384612574_thumb.jp

Thanx much for the link and yes I too would like to know if they found them nuggets showing test or just hype and bs as usual???John

• 3 weeks later...

GN don't blame you a bit for being careful.....why not contact Bill Southern the owner of this site....click his store at the top and get a quote from him on a new Minelab. He's the real deal and he'll treat you right in every way.

GN don't blame you a bit for being careful.....why not contact Bill Southern the owner of this site....click his store at the top and get a quote from him on a new Minelab. He's the real deal and he'll treat you right in every way.

Thanks garimpo...I have checked out Bill's store and he has some good deals for sure. Will need to wait 'til after the New Year though. Too many options and too many thoughts and not quite enough funds...yet! :D

Archived