Nugget Shooter Forums
Trailblazer

Persistence Pays Off !

Finally I found a nugget !! After days and days of nothing.. I found a nice 2.1g nugget just 3" down right where I had been over so many times before. So many many many times before. My nugget hunting partner and I were working on a side portion of one of the places we go to.. clearing brush and trash but not finding any gold. He said.. you want to try another spot.. I agreed... so we moved over just a bit and my first signal was GOLD! Just a little bit after he also found a nice 1.4g nugget. So it is worth it to move around. Work a spot for a few hours and then move to another fresh spot. You can always hit the other spot again another time. But let me tell you we go out almost every day to a variety of locations and while my partner was finding gold I was not.. We worked some targets together and that is fun too.. to work as a team, using the depth of his Minelab and the disc and pinpointing of my Lobo. But it's such a mental game.. searching.. wondering.. hoping.. and convincing yourself to keep going... taking pride in the exercise.. the thrill and pleasure of being outside in nature.. but nothing compares to the satisfaction of finding GOLD ! And once you go on a long dry spell... finding it again... means a lot !

Over the last couple of months keeping at it has rewarded me with almost an ounce.. 18 nuggets.. all found with my Tesoro Lobo from a variety of locations.

post-26913-0-64593300-1383799888_thumb.j

My latest find:

post-26913-0-37485700-1383799802_thumb.j

My finds over the last couple months:

post-26913-0-48594100-1383799840_thumb.j

Happy ! Can't wait to go out again tomorrow... :yesss:

TB

• Like 3

That's some pretty gold! I know just what you mean, I love moving around and finding new areas. You can always go back to those spots and rework them, but it's a good way to keep motivated to check out new areas and keep searching for those hotspots. Keep it up!

Darned good job, TB ... That's some nice gold ... Did you hit the speci with HF acid? ... You've found a good bit of nice gold for the short time you've been at it ... Keep on keepin' on! ... Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

TB now you've went and done it.....the right attitude, stubborn and successful with a lot of beautiful gold.....talk about having the fever for life!!!

One suggestion for the future, get a GPS and every time you find a nugget get the GPS fix at the exact spot and when you get home post it on Google Earth with it's weight, then you'll always know where and how much you got. As technology improves you'll have those spots to go back to.

Keep the good luck going!!!

That's some nice gold TB :party-smiley-027[1]: ...that Lobo, considering how long its been in production still keeps up with the other brands. I found many a nuggets with mine too. The spec. piece is a dandy piece, keep up the great work and thanks for sharing.

Nice nuggets and wondered what you have been up to. Good job and keep them coming!

Wow, awesome gold! Unbelievable how much gold your hitting with that thing. I'm going detecting today, thanks for the motivation.

Gotta luv them Lobos and them righteous nuggies-congrats. Amazing what a difference moving a few yards one way or another can make. Seek and ye shall find'm fer sure-John :4chsmu1:

Trailblazer, your on the roll. Nice nuggies.

Congrats on the great finds

GPS marking good... posting it to Google... not so good. I would suggest you keep all your finds internal. If anything transfer your coords to Basecamp, you can still view them through Google, but they still remain on your home computer.

Edit to add: Oh yeah... a big congrats!

Edited by azblackbird

About 10 years ago I found a spot in Pinos Atlas that was quite good on Sluice or Panning. It was a small two acre spot on the Forest line and Private properties and claims to the south. Everyone that was out there as it was open said a Detector was worthless as there was so much Bird Shot, nutts and bolts and junk metal; There was a old processing building foundation there that had a Pile of old Cupolas and crap around it.

I got out my out dated Garrett S3 and splashed around. It ran at 15Khz After digging up about 1000 peace's of junk I started thinking they was right. Two feet later I found my first 1/4 gram Nugget. Found about three more after I learned the toons it sang. Funny how that stuff happens.

Edited by homefire

Trailblazer, you go girl :yesss: , you're on a streak, very nice gold, I really like the specimen piece!!!

Thanks for posting so we can help you celebrate your success!

Dang!!!
Way to go!!
Thats a sweet nug for sure.

Hope you get a lot more out of that area.

Tom H.

TB ... to borrow an old and well worn set of words "You Go Girl!" ... Congrats. No cure now ... don't even try ... just go out and find some more of that pretty gold rock!

Mike F