Nugget Shooter Forums

Finally off the Schneid at Gold Basin

post-23665-0-59089600-1383593583_thumb.jpost-23665-0-41130700-1383593624_thumb.j

After about 3 years of hunting GB, I finally found this nice 12.6 gram piece. I owe Fred Mason a big thanks because he suggested a specific area he thought would be good, and it was! The outing was last weekend, and also hunted with Mitchell, Jeff and Roger, and had many good evenings of conversation, and a few adult beverages. Weather was great for all 4 days.

Karl

Karl,

As I was told (without much truth) it will now be easier for you to get your next one, two or ...

Congratulations on the find. The best thing about it is that you do have a sample to take with you and you can run your coil over it as often as you like for a test piece.

Go get'm and see you next trip.

Mitchel

Congrats Karl!

What a nice payoff after so much time effort. Hope you find many more.

Karl is a testiment to preserverence!!! he has been searching for a Gold basin for 3-4 years...and finally has his first...he owes his success to only himself or his self....he stuck to it, asked for and followed suggestions and finally found one; good on you, Karl!

post-378-0-83726900-1383670212_thumb.jpg

Roger...I enjoyed meeting you as well. Also enjoyed all the good conversations you, Fred and I had around our campsite, and in your comfortable trailer home. Yes, there was some "beating up" on me as a newbie...but be advised, I'll get even!

All the best, Karl

Nice find, Karl! Fusion crust and everything. I was out at Franconia this weekend and like you I have been going there for 3 years and finally made my first find there.

post-25596-0-64044900-1383771009_thumb.j

Congrats Mike...a fellow 3-year non-finder breaks through! Your piece looks very much like the one I found there in late September (you posted my pics of that), which weighed about 8.5 grams. You, or someone, said it was a Franconia "marble", because it resembles a marble. Was yours about that size? Mine was very magnetic, so much so I thought at first it was an iron.

Karl

Yup, mine is almost perfectly round. I thought it was man-made at first glance after my detector beeped on it, but once I got up close and saw the fusion crust I yelled out, "I got one!". :)

Roger...Fred emailed me about your multiple finds since we left. Just wondering if the finds were near the campsite or off somewhere else? Karl