Nugget Shooter Forums

My Bro's Processing System

Uncle Ron

Here's a new system my bro-in-law has set up at his place near Wickenburg using a new type of sluice box that's made here in Wickenburg ... He says it's pulling amazing amounts of fine gold ... Cheers, Unc

I met your brother in law in the dessert by Wickenburg a few months ago. G really believes in his system. He even invited my partner and I to watch it running and to bring our own dirt if we'd like. I never did make it out to his store though.

Chrisski... He doesn't have a store ... He just mines ...His son, my nephew, just got a job with the sluice manufacturer building them ... They're pretty slick ... Such a radical design change I poo-poo'ed them at first, but you can't argue with results! ... I cant remember their website address ... will post it when /if I do, but they show the gold ... Cheers, Unc

Interesting setup. I may be a bit slow but cannot see how the trommel is supposed to work. What prevents the gold from falling out in the 1st tub under the external tube/screen? I am sure it works just not sure how.

Interesting setup. I may be a bit slow but cannot see how the trommel is supposed to work. What prevents the gold from falling out in the 1st tub under the external tube/screen? I am sure it works just not sure how.

Did you read the 'about'?

One way to use a Gold Well with a trommel. Customer has wrapped barrel of trommel with 100 mesh screen, processing all coming out of the trommel larger than 100 mesh though the Gold Well first. Then when all that material is processed, he feeds the 100 minus material captured in the tub through the Gold Well to capture the gold finer than 100 mesh. He uses a wet or dry shop vac to vacuum out the wells periodically so he doesn't have to stop the operation, then smelts the gold down. (Normal cleanup you just stand it up in a bucket or tub and hose it down). He now gets as much gold in a few days with the Gold Well as he used to get in 3 to 4 weeks with his previous setup FROM THE SAME MATERIAL SOURCE. Varga-Wickenburg.

Was his old sluice losing 99% of the gold or something?

Or is he saying he just runs more material with this new sluice? Because it doesn't look like its processing a whole lot to me.

He now gets as much gold in a few days with the Gold Well as he used to get in 3 to 4 weeks with his previous setup FROM THE SAME MATERIAL SOURCE.

I watched the video of using the once, twice, three times run black sand through but what will it do on first run or newer bigger gold in the system? Will the little wells hold the pickers and others?

Mitchel

The Gold Well holds every piece of gold big and small. Ran my unit today. I can't say enough good things about it. Sold my carpet unit. Wanted to get rid of it before they are worthless. The Gold Well is that good

Mike believe me I've tried it all. Nothing works like the Gold Well. You can stick with your pager but the cell phone works better. Embrace new technology if it works better. This unit is not just for clean up. It runs the big stuff as fast as you feed it. I prefer 1/4 " stuff but I've run 1/2" and you can get a highbanker top for it so you can shovel feed it. It does it all. No matter how you feed it it get it all. I fed it solid black sand to see if it would clog up. Nope and I picked up flour gold from the sand. If you see one run you will want one. I did and was not happy till I had one.

That is an interesting sluice,good construction ,and high quality material. I

wouldn't mind trying one ,just for kicks.

Frank if the gold shown in your photos is concidered small gold,I see a problem.

Both of my highbankers will recover gobs of gold ,that looks like gold paint. It is

true flour gold ,so fine that when put in a vial it looks like one solid piece of gold.

You can't see the individual grains without a loupe. I am not talking about just a

small amount either. When I send my gold to a refiner it will run three to one flour

gold compared to specs,bits,and pickers in volume.

When you are panning your cons,and get gold that puddles in a glob like paint,

then you are getting good recovery. I usually catch all the bigger stuff on the

first screen plate or riffle too. I don't use a slick plate ,and use a large expanded

metal screen in front of the ribbed rubber mat. Most large gold doesn't make to

the first riffle ,but is in the screen or ribbed mat

I always test pan the tails, and never come up with more than a odd flake or two

after a days run. I am not knocking that product in any way,but any good standard

sluice ,with a little skill will get anything worth getting too. Most times it is not the tool,

but how you use the tool ,that counts.

True Sawmill. With this unit you don't need to be a expert. A beginner can get results like a pro such as you The unit does it. The shot is from my iphone and its not showing the flour gold. It's there and a good bit of it. You won't lose a flake or spec. It all gets sucked into the vortex holes. God that sounds sexy

The problem with a carpet unit is the carpet eats some fine gold. It's the nature of the beast. The GW has no carpet. The vortex holes hold and collect all the gold. Big or super fine. Clean out in 30 seconds. We ever meet up you can try my unit and you won't find a speck in the tailings

Edited by SGTFDA

Frank

That is what I need....a sexy sluice. :ROFL: Mine are rather plain ,and show some use.

I figured there was more to the sluice,since Uncle Ron,and you talk well of it. Yeah I

can see why a begining prospector would like it too.I am still not an expert,because

I learn something new,everytime I tinker with gold. I like to play with fines,and figure out

how to get them in a bottle. The flour pays just as good as the flakes and bits too.

I reckon that the point I was trying to make,is lots of guys lose more gold than they

recover,and never know it. I watched a young friend run his drywasher cons through

a sluice ,then through a gold wheel. He was estatic with his recovery. I asked if I could

have the tails and he laughed and said sure. I ran them back through my sluice,which

was identical to his,only I set it up,and ran it. Then I panned the cons,he about had a

stroke when he saw what I got. It was more than what he got,he was surprised when

I gave it back to him. He would have never known what he missed,even though he test

panned it. He couldn't pan worth a hoot either. :old:

I stopped by the manufacturing plant today and Bernie, the inventor, spent a couple hours giving me a demo and explaining things to me ... I am very impressed ... I'm really no longer a sluicing dude and my fondness of a number 2 shovel long ago waned, but this invention is truly something new in a technology that I personally believed bottomed out (or peaked, if you want to put it that way) with the Hungarian Riffle combined with miners' moss ... I am so amazed with what I saw, plus reports from my Bro on his bankable success with it, that I very well may start selling this technology ... One of the things that amazed me is that the angle of the sluice can vary hugely ... Steep or shallow angles just don't make a difference ... And Bernie ran a pan full of magnetite with a little gold and the damned thing caught the gold and let the heavies just slide on down ... It's very cool to see something truly new ... It works with a little 12 volt recirc pump ... Material is supposed to be screened to 3/16, but he ran some bank run for me to prove it would do it ... Gangbusters!!!!! Anyhow, soon as I can get a new web page up, I'm going to start promoting this bad boy product~~~~ Cheers, Unc

Edited by Uncle Ron

Ron you now know what I meant. Smart move getting in before this takes off. Soon they will be dumping carpet units while you can get something for them. I did.

The unit has one drawback. You bring a couple buckets of dirt home to run. Half hour later it done and you need more dirt. They make a large one that you would need a team to keep fed and running. What is also nice you can turn it off and on and lose nothing before a clean out. You know what happens to a carpet unit if you do that. Your material blows out. At any rate Ron welcome to the Gold Well cult.