Nugget Shooter Forums
Nugget Shooter

Outing Time Folks

Ok the smoker is all cleaned and ready, have a 20 pound brisket, and will be there late Friday afternoon! Really looking forward to seeing you all again and meeting some of the newer members! These outings are just a blast to do and always some nice finds made, see you there....

What are you talking about, it's perfect right now all cold and windy. Just like home, bring on the winter! :D Come Jan/Feb I'm usually the only guy still left wandering around out here.

But yeah, it's gonna be some nice weather for the outing. Will see ya then.

What are you talking about, it's perfect right now all cold and windy. Just like home, bring on the winter! :D Come Jan/Feb I'm usually the only guy still left wandering around out here.

But yeah, it's gonna be some nice weather for the outing. Will see ya then.

Jason, if it's so perfect why are you inside reading the dam forum and not out there digging gold??? :89:

When you are sixty-something it takes longer to get rolling. :old:

I figure it will be an afternoon shoot for me today. :cowboypistol:

wISH I was up an about I'd kick all yer asses, suited up quad loaded an outbefore sunrise that's the "norm" for me.
Instead its a struggle to get up an down outta the recliner.
Sure glad I can tune in here for the 'latest" on whats happn. Good Luck an Hapy Huntn All may the Martian be with you :thumbsupanim

Yeah, yeah, yeah. All you young fellas get up early and rush on out there. :th_panic:

I'm still tryin' to figure out where the big stuff is layin' around these parts. :idea:

I know there's a few big ones left. :112:

I'm takin' Uncle Ron's advice. :old:

I'm lookin' for the one with my name on it. :rolleyes:

Edited by Dakota Slim

I went exploring for a bit this afternoon, I gotta say, that meteorite strewn field is a whole lot bigger than the maps people have made. And there are some places that are probably close to 100% unhunted still, I got 6 in about 30 minutes of walking. If I could sell these I'd be all over it!

I enjoy "No Dig'um Ed's" philosophy.

He always says his gold doesn't wake up till noon !!

Has anyone heard from him ?

Patrick .....

Patrick ... Last I heard was shortly after the move to TX almost a year ago now. Hope he is doing well.

Wish I could make it .....I have this job thing

Wish I could make it .....I have this job thing

Wish I was there also......ditto on the job.

Definitely not going to make it now ... personal/family issues have arisen ... family first! Make that biological family first then prospecting family. I'll try for the next one in February I believe. Was hoping to give my new to me 21 prowler toyhauler it's maiden voyage. Here's a picture of her anyway. Yahoo ... No more tenting for this ole boy ... and a bathroom and shower ... luxury man ... pure luxury! LOL

post-314-0-10052600-1383145427_thumb.jpg

post-314-0-75105400-1383145444_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nice Mike, I take it the side x side fits in there and yer not pullin a double right ???

Frank ... The RZR does fit nicely inside with room to spare. No way was I hauling a double! Did enough of that when I drove truck a hundred years ago.

How's the healing process doing ... well I hope?

Mike

Sorry to hear that Mike.

But that sure is a slick looking outfit you have now.

Patrick .....

Healing process :idunno: /.......... PHOOEY IT SUCKS :grr01: :grr01: :grr01:

Ya gotta get up at the crack a dawn and get on it Frank. :laught16:

Seriously, healing up from a QUADRUPLE hernia operation takes time. :Just_Cuz_06:

Make sure you get lots of rest. :zzzzz:

Don't worry. All we are findin' at YOUR patches is a bunch of YOUR holes. :barnie:

AND, there's a freeze warning out for tonight. :yikes:

Was looking forward to seeing you Mike.... Next time.

I'll make it for at least one of the LSD outings for sure. See ya all there ... and then ... for now problem resolution and trip planning for my whitetail trip back east starting next Thursday. Former not so much fun ... Latter ... well it's just plain fun trying to outsmart a whitetail buck during the Maine Rut! :4chsmu1::old: Mike F

Bob (wet/dry mixer) got here today, the only guy to take me up on my offer to drywash my claim. He showed me how his mixer works, and I have to say, it's an interesting alternative to a drywasher! He got 4 nice pickers on his first run and was cleaning up the cons from the second run when I took off, I hope your pans are golden this run as well.

I got 3 more dinkers today detecting, I was about 20 feet from Bob running the 17x11 where I found these. I think there are a couple stragglers left here and there but this patch is almost dead. I'm almost to 50 nuggets for this patch between this year and last. Who'da thunk that in Gold Basin? :D

Edit: BTW Bob, when you get back to internet service after the outing, they were 4.5 grains, 3.2 grains, and 1.9 grains. Those three nuggets I found by you. We were sitting and trying to guess by eyeballing, we were pretty close.

post-1226-0-92212900-1383179752_thumb.jp

post-1226-0-49461200-1383179765_thumb.jp

Edited by JasonG

Great job guys....

I got here this afternoon, and looking forward to some beepin the next few days.

I'll start the morning off right with a cup of Shep's coffee.

Patrick .....

I'll stop by and say hi tomorrow Patrick, I'm camped on the other side of the basin. What detector you swinging these days? If you got a VLF you might be able to pull something out of my claim. I think I got it more or less picked over with the PI though.

Patrick,

Heading your way, should arrive Thursday AM....

Are you & Shep up on Gladiola where he was last time out?

Happy Beepin,

Jeff

Hey Jeff. Glad you're gonna make it.

We are at the GPAA campground. If you don't know the way in, call me and I will come and guide you in.

Patrick .....

Jeff they are further up the road from where you lost your nugget last time we were together.