Nugget Shooter Forums

Sampling

Gaius

I keep a pile of one quart red Dixie cup in the van. I fill one from Cracks Crevices and any thing that looks good. That band of black Sand in the Creak bed. That band of Black sands that will not be there after the next rain. With a few notes I put it all in a plastic bag and it has the GPS Coords on it. When board, I pan them all out and see what I see. Sometimes I git really pissed thinking what ta ell, I should have grabbed a Bucket or two there. That is how Prospecting Works. With a little luck you get back there and it still looks like it did.

Edited by homefire

That's a good question. My partner and I have sampled on one claim a great deal. We have also been fooled once or twice into thinking we were finally on a good spot by hitting what I would call a small rich spot or pocket. Only to do some more extensive digging there and not find much else. Oh there was just enough color to keep us digging and processing for awhile. Then we started a more thorough sampling process and found some better ground to work. We also eliminated a lot of barren ground and that's important in my mind. I just do not know how much sampling and what type sampling is enough. I guess until you are convinced there's nothing more to do. I will follow this with interest.

Know when to hold'm :brows: know when to fold'm :th: and walk away :Just_Cuz_06: Great thing about being a miner in prospecting mode,walk away when ya darn well feel like it-beer time,food,too hot or just had enough for the day. God I have ALWAYS loved mining because of that simple fact. Go with hunches as a indicator as ya'all ain't no noobie and your body'll tell ya when to split :4chsmu1: John

If your sampling on quartz veins then you keep following the gold(following the lead).That is if your even getting a little color keep going as the gold in a veIn goes in and outThe time to quit a spot is at your own discretion.I've gone back and sampled veins that I gave up on and found nice species.

Edited by David Wiseman