Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Well Vortex sluice

SGTFDA

Did a test run today. So easy to use! Caught every speck of gold. From pickers to flour. Zero gold in the tailings. Not a speck If you try it one time you would toss your carpet sluice away. Gold cube can't touch it

post-384-0-43471000-1382237674_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-29963100-1382237695_thumb.jpg

No Adam it's a regular sluice. Check out some of the gold well sluice videos on YouTube I ran dirt screened 1/4 minus from Lynx creek. It will run bigger stuff but I feel it works best 1/4. I'm going to test it with 1/2 Today. I've tried them all and this unit is the first that is perfect. They make them in any size you want. The cons were full of gold in every size. I had three of our club experts test the tailings. Not a speck. I use a Johnson 2200 pump adjusted to about 1500 gph. Personaly I hope no one else in my club buys one. All the gold for me. I don't need to dig I can just run their tailings.

Thanks Frank for the review!!

The only drawback to this sluice is the price, as one can see the sluice is made of machined aluminum to create the vortexes pockets, it's not cheap to have that machining done as is seen in the prices of the sluice/s.

They make a 6" X 36" and a 12" X 48" or 60" sluices if I recall, I have read what many critics of these sluices have had to say, but none of those critics have ever used one (Hmmmm), but I have never heard any bad comments from those that have use these sluices quite the contrary actually, so I say if you have a spot that has great gold and you're having a hard time catching much of the gold because of different sizes, especially small gold, these sluices should be worth their weight in GOLD!!

The manufacturer's website seems to be having issues today or I would post a link, but all should buy locally if there's vendor in your area if you are interested in these sluices, gotta support your local supplier, which in turn supports the manufacturer.

The guy that developed the Goldwell (name escapes me at the moment) stopped my partner and I in Monarch Wash one day to show us a prototype. I knew it would be expensive just looking at all the machinc work. A couple of months later, after Goldwell's less than stellar product introduction on the GPAA forums, I stopped by their shop in Wburg to see it in operation. I was not very impressed at the time as the vortexes/votices seemed to plug up with black sand pretty quickly. It could have just been the material that was being run at that time. I am glad to read about the good results Frank experienced. The concept is certainly interesting.

Photo of my set up. Does not mater if the holes fill up. The stuff in the holes churn sucking the gold to the bottom. Running it now with some dirt from various locations and it is working great not losing a speck

post-384-0-05988500-1382299341_thumb.jpg

Yes gold gets caught in the drop riffles also. I just conducted a black sand test. I had a half bucket of 95% black sand from the Congress Group claim. When collected it was 5 inches thick in the wash. Solid black sand. I knew there would not be much gold in it but wanted to see how the gold well would handle it. Ran the bucket through the sluice. Now you know how much fun panning solid black sand is but I lent my gold magic to a friend. The sluice handled it just fine. I recovered some flour gold. Picture attached. The gold showed up whiteish due to my phone flash.

post-384-0-98875900-1382304688_thumb.jpg

As I was running the black sand I just dumped scoop after scoop you could see the holes were full but they were working the material. You can see the material churning in the holes and riffles. After the bucket was empty I let it run for 5 min and it kicked out 3/4 of the black sand and held onto the gold. Nothing in the tailings.

What's great when we did the test at Cordes Station yesterday the Lynx Creek dirt we used for the test was full of clay. The unit kicked out all the clay. The dirt was from a friends honey hole and full of gold. We checked every bit of the tailings. Nothing. The unit retained every piece of gold big and small. The dealer who has a lot of experience with the units was at Cordes for the event and showed me how to set it up.

• 3 months later...

Not knowing what size Gold Well sluice Bill would be bringing.... but it most likely will need a good bit of water to setup a recirculating system that might be a burden for one person to bring that much water, so maybe if you can get even half of those coming to the outing to help out and bring an extra gallon or 2 of water for the sluice setup, just a thought that would make it easy on all.

It will handle that just fine. You adjust the water flow from slow on up until you can see the material churning in the holes no faster. You can't fill up the holes and when done mud free cons.

Saw on Gold Rush show and not too impressed BUT I need to run 1 for at least 10 hours in a half dozen places ,then I'll have a much more informed opinion. I want to run round gravels,sharp angular slates and shales,some good old caliche that ya Az folks adore and highly rocky to see whatzup as mfg. videos proved squat-John