Nugget Shooter Forums

My 2nd nugget find

Paleomanjim

OK, it is even smaller than the first! I went back to Gold Basin Monday and Tuesday. Brought the tub and a pan so I could sample different areas. Checked out several areas Monday on the motorcycle and brought back samples to pan at camp. Most of em had a few flakes but nothing too exciting. Tuesday morning I headed down from camp for natures call and noticed some bedrock, not really a creek bed, but a depression where the drainage starts out. I thought what the heck, I'll run up to the truck and grab a pan full and see if any colors show up. It was the best pan I have seen yet, at least 20 colors, small stuff but still cool. I scraped off the loose gravel to expose the bedrock, easy this time because it was only inches deep. Then I ran the GB2 detector over it with the 10" coil but no hits. I brought back several bucket of this gravel and found this small heart shaped nugget this morning panning in a tub in the backyard. Kinda surprised me because I thought I would have heard any nuggets with the detector. I gotta get one of those 6.5" smaller coils. First pic shows the tiny 0.2 gram nugget. Second post shows the depression next to my camp where I collected my pay dirt......jim

post-25468-0-11736700-1382060081_thumb.jpost-25468-0-36097900-1382060146_thumb.j

• Like 1

Jim, at home can you hear the nugget on the detector, with no discrimination on, deep, gain turned up, and threshold humming?

Dave.

Oh and congrats on the nice nugget, pretty cool looking.

Jim, at home can you hear the nugget on the detector, with no discrimination on, deep, gain turned up, and threshold humming?

Dave.

Oh and congrats on the nice nugget, pretty cool looking.

Hello Dave,

Yes, I can get a faint blip on this nugget around 3" above it in the backyard, and a loud signal at around 2", threshold barely humming, audio boost mode. I picked up a used 6.5" coil from Desert Outfitters here in town and have been practicing with it in the yard. It is clearly more sensitive, especially with really small targets. I found another really small nugget in the pan, a picker maybe 1 grain or so. The 6.5" coil picks it up from 3" while the 10" wont pick it up at all. I might make another run out to GB tomorrow to try it out. I will bring a hoe to scrape the gravel off the bedrock. Not sure what to expect, should be fun though.....thanks everyone.....jim