Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adam

New Vanadinite Location....

On my recent gold trip , we came across an ore pile littered with Vanadinite. Most of the specimens were of low quality but there were a couple keepers.... :D

DSC06525_zps83f488fb.jpg

Cool specimens.

We have a lot of that here. It does not seem to be associated with gold as much as lead/zinc and base metal ores. There is a barite mine that they open occasionally to produce materials for drilling mud. Those vanadanite crystals are sometimes found on and in the barite.

Is it worth anything Adam? As an ore or a specimen?

Adam, I like it :Diggin_a_hole: .

Max

Cool specimens.

Those vanadanite crystals are sometimes found on and in the barite.

Is it worth anything Adam? As an ore or a specimen?

Yup, Barite was at the location. Commonly associated with this type of deposit in my experience. Some ore was taken, crushed and panned out. Boulder Dash said there were some micro fines in the results. I was surprised to hear that. It was definitely ore and not waste rock.

Yes, good vanadinite crystals with nice structure, and color can be worth a few bucks. the ones in my hand may only fetch 3 bucks or so due to quality.

I didn't know that stuff was worth $$$ .. Someplace in my past wanderings I came across a bunch of that, but can't remember where ... I thought it was just arsenic ... Sure it is within a 20 mile radius of Dubyahberg ... Cheers, Unc

Yep I saw gold and thought, that looks like gold!! Just to make sure I left a bit of nitric acid on it. Upon further review it was indeed about 3 very very small colors of noble gold. I only crushed a few oz of material for 3 specks of free milling gold so my gues would be under 1/4 oz to the ton. We found that location on the day I got the skunk so I guess I did not skunk out after all. Yes!!