Nugget Shooter Forums

Dolomite Mountain Gold

adam

Boulderdash and I thought we were on to some Spanish treasure :fl: when near the crest of a hill this near free standing rock appeared .....

DSC06528_zps02b31684.jpg

We hiked all the way up to this fascinating feature and found some ancient script carved just below this rock marvel. We guessed the age of the writing to be early 1600`s . :89:

DSC06527_zpsc5d258df.jpg

Then again, neither one of us can read nor write. We figured finding the treasure would be about as easy as finding a half buried pirate ship in the Bradshaw Mountains. We traveled on to a new area for some detecting near Dolomite Mountain. Passing an abandoned arastra :brows: , and a near destroyed old car, our hopes were up.

Wouldn't you know it, Boulderdash scores the first nugget in a spot that would soon become a nice little patch. I only managed 2 from here, but boulderdash was on a real hot spot. He lost count at 16 or so. Then again neither of us can count past ten anyway. :4chsmu1:

Here`s an interesting nugget I scored that wouldn't let go of the root it was clinging to. :thumbsupanim

DSC06537_zpsb96f4263.jpg

I didn't tell the whole story, :inocent: but here is our take hunting around the Dolomite Mountain vicinity. I hope this will give some inspiration on your next nugget hunt. What we went through in 3 days time however would drive most to quit the hobby....Nothing comes easy in this area. :hiker: Mine are on the left , boulderdash`s on right. :oregonian_winesmiley: Time to get placered......

DSC06541_zpsac04ae17.jpg

Edited by adam

That's some very cool gold...The root tangled nugget is a first for my eyes ... Amazing ... Mayhaps you should preserve it someway!

Thanks for sharing ... Cheers, Unc

Yea Adam wonder if we can water the root nugget and get it too grow a patch. Listen folks when Adam hit that root nug he dropped everything and had to come show me the gold from Dolomite, the stuff has amazing character that should fetch a high price. Adam found a good patch the first and second day with 10+ nugs in each small area. The second day I hit the skunk and had to get placered to find the dolomite drainage the last few 2 hours of the day. Those last nugs saved our entire weekend.

WTG you two!
Thats one cool nug with the root. Great story and cool pics.
You should have had boulderdash up on top of the rock acting like this-----> :wee:

Got to hand it to you guys....you only had to travel just a little over 4900 miles to find gold! :nutty:

Tom H.

Got to hand it to you guys....you only had to travel just a little over 4900 miles to find gold! :nutty:

Tom H.

You bet Tom, Italy was a long way to go ....But it`s al in the adventure ..Right?

I wound up with 3.49 grams.....Not to shabby :head: