Nugget Shooter Forums
frank c

Gold Basin Outing { Primer }

Greetings all , I know most all who are familiar with Gold Basin think "pounded" when they hear the name. Well I just returned from there and I wasn't the only one who had legit targets under my coil. Here is a small but never the less exciting poke from my trip.
5 nugs ( 1 speci ) and 5 space rocks. So keep yer nose to the ground when ya get there an sniff em out from under the coil.
I hope to see yaall at the next outing Hapy Huntn.

OH YEAH, I guess there will be 5 less pieces of gold and 5 less meteorites BUT "PERSERVERANCE" is the name of the game.
For those old enough to remember Chief Dan George in JOSEY WALES said, sometimes if you are lost the horned toad can show you which way to go. And Endeavor to Persevere.
Good Luck out there.

post-562-0-63990700-1381756177_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-18129900-1381756194_thumb.jpg

WTG Frank!
Thats fantastic that you pulled those 5 nugs. Guess its still up there :)
GL to you at the outing if you can make it and GL with your surgery.
Tom H.

Frank was here giving me the pointy finger but he left. :cry2:

I had to go it alone today but I found a lucky penny, :ya: a snap off one of John B's extra large thongs, :yikes: a sunbaked and unfired 38 special hollow point bullet :hide: and....

and.... :pop:

and.... :pop:

my 1st Gold Basin meteorite! :ROFL:

post-740-0-00344600-1381790712_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dakota Slim

Guess ya'll trying to get a head start....NICE FINDS!!!!!!!!!

Atta Boy Slim :Just_Cuz_06: next smooth signal could be the BIG 1 :200:
G00d Luck an Hapy Huntn an don't forget ta feed Nugget :D

wow, great finds Frank! Couple of questions. VLF or PI? what depth did you find the nuggets? On benches or in washes? and lastly were you on a club claim ? Thanka for answering my questions on the prospecting forum on drywashing (dry ground) in gold basin. I went to Jonnie instead and detected four tiny nuggets about a half a gram total.

Thanks Chris

wow, great finds Frank! Couple of questions. VLF or PI? what depth did you find the nuggets? On benches or in washes? and lastly were you on a club claim ? Thanka for answering my questions on the prospecting forum on drywashing (dry ground) in gold basin. I went to Jonnie instead and detected four tiny nuggets about a half a gram total.

Thanks Chris

P.I.

6 TO 16 inches

Both

Absolutely

Hapy Huntn

Sweet Frank !!! Your on a roll at the Basin... Making up I see...

Congrats.

Dave.

Frank I fallowed the horned Toad all over,He was as lost as me even were you pointed,My minelab Pro 25 pinpointer was lost and my garmin Oregon GPS unit was lost too.Ive got a deer tag for up there,starts fri 26th going to go back to GB wens.look for my gps & pinpointer for a day or two befor my deer hunt.>>>KELLY

Kelly, I haven't had much luck either. I'll keep my eyes open for your stuff. Stop by when you get here.

Hey Slim ... How long you planning to reside in the Basin? Off chance I might head that way in the next week or two. Mike F

Hi Mike. I plan on being here for the outing, then probably head further south,

Slim I found my gps :yesss: So just my pinpointer,I think I lost it on JB's Private claim SE corner.Hope your luck pic's up,but then you probably still up from that jungo frosted flake :thumbsupanim .Good Luck Anyway>>>KELLY

Nice finds, goes to show us all it s never hunted out....

I spent five days detecting there.I found old trash targets every day,from one end to the other of the claims.That much trash means by NO WAY is it hunted out.Good luck to all you detecting fools>>>KELLY SWING IT LIKE YOU MEAN IT!!!!

Jim coins are nice for perspetive. But they're not always handy when takin a pic.
The common detecting "scoop" that they are laying in gives a good enough perspective to most viewers.
The largest nuggget weighed 1.2 DWT's. There are 20 Dwt's to an ounce Jim. All the gold in the pic was like 3.4 Dwt's total weight, didn't weigh the meteorites.