Nugget Shooter Forums

Worst detecting ground out west

I am going to get a Garrett ATX sooner or later and am headed down to Arizona. Where are some of the places with mineralization that gives VLF detectors fits? Either intense ground or hot rocks or both? The gold does not need to be good as mainly I just want to see how the ATX runs in bad ground.

I have heard of some bad ground up around the Columbia River also and other locations so it need not be just Arizona. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks in advance.

Steve, Red Basin, just north of the Vulture Mine will give a challenge ... In some spots the ground sounds like a big nugget or small anvil ... Cheers,Unc

There is some serpentine bedrock here, just west of, you that is obnoxious. It's full of Chrome, Manganese, Iron, and the Gold/Quarts specimens will stick to a magnet. It would be interesting to see if the ATX would work there.

With a Machine like that I would be out hitting Virgin Ground and seeing what it could do. As a PI, I wonder what speed the Coil is. Under 10Us it should do well.