Nugget Shooter Forums

Hello again and a few questions

Hello all you fine meteorite-hunting folks. :)

It's been a while, but I am still interested in meteorite hunting and geology.

This is my senior year of high school (I took a year off for medical reasons) and I am formulating what my "senior project" might be, and am looking for some advice.

Basically, I am planning on co-leading a week-long trip down to southern California with 5 to 7 middle school students to study ecology, geology, and astronomy. I plan on having a day or two dedicated to meteorite hunting as well. This will probably take place in April or May of 2014.

Any suggestions on areas with unusual/interesting geologic formations? Any cool places to camp where you can camp and see some amazing stars? And any locations in Southern California particularly known for above-average number of meteorite finds?

All suggestions/input is greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks,

Simon

Any suggestions on areas with unusual/interesting geologic formations? Any cool places to camp where you can camp and see some amazing stars?

Death Valley, or basically anywhere in the Mojave desert.

Thanks guys...much appreciated. :)

Gold Basin would be great but might be a little too far a drive from san francisco for some kids...I'll still look into it, though.