Nugget Shooter Forums

FALL OUTING DIRECTIONS

OK the fall outing is on for the 1st to 3rd of November 2013 at Gold Basin in the same spot we have done this for many years now, I think 11 or so outings it has been....

Just wanting to relax and get together with some Nugget Shooter Forum members and all forum members are welcome to attend. Also this will be a joint outing with the WSPA who will be supplying burgers and hot dogs for the Saturday night dinner. Side dishes are welcome for those that would like to bring something and these potlucks are always fun!

Please post in this thread if you plan to attend so we may get a head count of sorts... See you there!

Here are directions to the camp area...

From Pierce Ferry Road you turn onto Greggs Hideout Road and you will see a row of mailboxes at:
N35' 46.911 W114' 07.734

Go almost 3 miles from the mailboxes to intersection with big yellow sign and black arrow pointing left onto Spring Drive at: N35' 49.326 W114' 09.176

At the end of Spring Drive turn right and you are back on Hideout Road and the second cattle guard is just ahead at: N35' 49.362 W114' 10.056

Stay on Hideout Road and cross over second cattle guard at Hideout and Gladiola Drives. Proceed straight on Hideout Road till you come to the MPA28 sign at: N35' 52.808 W114' 10.524

Turn left here onto the road that runs along the left side of Hideout Road then turn left at bottom of slight hill at: N35' 52.995 W114' 10.553

Turn right at fork at end of road at: N35'52.996 W114'11.582 MORE TO FOLLOW:

HERE IS THE REST:

Turn left at the "Y" in the road at: N5235' 53.697 W114' 12.329

The GOLD BASIN sign will be on your left at: N35' 52.952 W114' 13.725

Proceed straight a good stones throw till you reach the fabled Joshua tree with the firpit nearby at: N35' 52.882 W114' 13.837

Here is a link to a driving map from Kingman to Gold Basin Rd, alternate route would be Stockton Hills Road from Kingman to Peirce Ferry Road.

http://maps.google.c...mra=ls&t=h&z=10

Joining the GPAA would be a good idea since we are camping on their claim and you will also be able to hunt there if a member. Otherwise I may try to get JB to let us hunt his property...

Also the GSSN and Mohave Prospectors have some nice claims in the area and are very reasonable price wise...

Gold Searchers of Southern NV

Or

Mohave Prospector's ASSN

Here is a video for MPA

http://youtu.be/SPGMrOfo1gU

OK the fall outing is on for the 1st to 3rd of October 2013 at Gold Basin.

Aw man , I could have used more notice , How did everyone do ? :4chsmu1:

On a serious note in regards to the Mojave Prospectors ASSN.

The membership I received only ran through December 31st. The GSSN however, is good for a year from date of purchase.

Edited by adam

Bill & all,

Rob and I are looking at some job commitments that have just come up, his is business, and mine is mining so it looks like we may not be able to attend.

We need someone to pick up the slack and be the WSPA dinner host, this will be an easy one hamburgers + hot dogs.

Thanks

Chris

I will be at the outing along with my detecting friend Don Morin. Robby and his dad from California will be there also. The four of us all have rooms in Meadview so we will not be camping, but will join the group to visit and I will be making lots of oatmeal cookies to share. We will be eating dinner at the cafe in Meadview but will bring our own lunches out to the field. Can't wait to see everyone.

Twink in cool Tucson (at least cool today!)

It's looking like I'll be there in time. I'll be on my personal claims but I'll stop by the campfire and say hi, don't plan on food for me, just visiting.

If there is anyone who isn't a club member and needs a place to drywash then let me know, you can drywash my claims just let me know what you are finding - I'm working on mapping it out and we could both help each other that way. Found over 2 ounces of nuggets last winter here, PM if interested. Only taking a few people to avoid too much use.

Also if anyone has one of those little Nuggetfinder Sadie coils they want to sell then bring it up, I need a good used small coil.

It's looking like I'll be there in time. I'll be on my personal claims but I'll stop by the campfire and say hi, don't plan on food for me, just visiting.

If there is anyone who isn't a club member and needs a place to drywash then let me know, you can drywash my claims just let me know what you are finding - I'm working on mapping it out and we could both help each other that way. Found over 2 ounces of nuggets last winter here, PM if interested. Only taking a few people to avoid too much use.

Also if anyone has one of those little Nuggetfinder Sadie coils they want to sell then bring it up, I need a good used small coil.

Dern Jason:

Thats mighty nice of you.

I would be taking you up on it if I were going.

Tks for the offer.

Tom H.

Well, Garimpo, I could send you the recipe! Sorry you won't be in line.

Twink

Thanks Twink but I would have to translate all the ingredients into Portuguese and with my unskilled cooking I would rather take a chance that someday I'll be in that line for the good Oatmeal cookies.

Bill & all,

Rob and I are looking at some job commitments that have just come up, his is business, and mine is mining so it looks like we may not be able to attend.

We need someone to pick up the slack and be the WSPA dinner host, this will be an easy one hamburgers + hot dogs.

Thanks

Chris

Will you still have the grill there? Wasn't expecting this... The club still supplying the burgers and dogs or? I need to know ASAP

Bill I have a surgery scheduled for the 24th Oct. I couldn't argue the date with the Dr. :grr01:
He says I'll be down for 4 weeks PHOOEY :ROFL: If I can stand up by the 1st thru 3rd, me an Teri will be there. I just might need somebody to dig my targets :4chsmu1:
Shep you hearin that ?????? :2mo5pow: Yer pretty good at digging targets :zzzzz::brows:

• Like 1

Bill and Chris;

if you want to change the menu..........I will make chili verde and rice for saturday night. I can do that without dealing with bugers and dogs and all the crap people want to go with them...

I can feed 30 or so people...how many do you expect...

let me know.....

fred

Oh HELL, if Freds makin Chili Verdi, somebodys gonna have to bust me outta the hospital so I'm there for that. YUM YUM :thumbsupanim

:laught16:

Seriously, I hope the powers that be opt for Fred's Chili Verde AND that Frank can make it.

BTW, here's the 10 Day weather forecast....

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Dolan+Springs+AZ+USAZ0057?dp=windsdp

Edited by Dakota Slim

Hi All, since our cooks will not be making the outing Shep and I will be doing a brisket for Saturday night in my smoker... Yum yum! So bring any side dishes to go with a brisket OK? Fred's chilli will go quite well with this!

He watched over the last brisket and it was outstanding... Well he watched smoke come from the smoker and added water as that is about all needs done after getting it going, but there is about 12 hours of it :old: Anyone deciding to miss the outing will miss some really good grub with Fred and the smoker involved.