Nugget Shooter Forums

RRPC

davehall14

I am thinking about joining the RRPC. I see a lot of lifetime memberships available in the classifieds in their newsletter. Is this a better deal than starting a new lifetime membership? What I mean is, are there hassles involved, or is it frowned upon by the club? I just want to get into some gold fields asap.

Roadrunners have I think somewhere around 200 claims in Arizona. Join the club first, use some of the claims, and see how you like them. The transfer of a lifetime membership is certainly an option down the road, but I think you need to be a member in good standing (paid up) to do so.

Dave ... Adam is right ... You have to be a member in good standing for a minimum of one year before you are eligible to buy an existing life membership. There is also a transfer fee which I believe is $250 that must be paid in addition to the price of the membership. It is a lot cheaper than going the full price of a membership paid over time however. And there is an annual fee to all members that pays for the fees charged for claims maintenance. That fee I believe is currently $40 per year. A call to the RRPC would confirm all the fee amounts so you know what you are getting into. Adam's suggest is good ... try the claims for a year and see if they are right for your use. Lots of areas to go to and good gold still to be found on most. JMHO of course! I am a member and find them to be good claims ... at least the ones I have hunted. I have not been to them all.

Mike F

Dave,

You have made a good choice I have been a member for many years , you would have to do some big time traveling to ever go to every claim the RR,s have!, Although I am not as active as I once was they have some great outings and tons of fun, the more you do with the club the more you will get from the experience, I treasure my lifetime friends and memories of the special times.

Max

PS: If I am not mistaken you have to make a meeting to join now?

Edited by Gilaoro

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mike,

You are mostly right but the AMF due's are now $44.00(went up about two years ago). The rest is spot on, have to be a member in good standing and the $250.00 transfer fee.

Roadrunners is probably the best gold prospecting club in Arizona ... Even with just regular membership you're paying less that one dollar per claim per year for a huge area to hunt .. I highly recommend it ... Cheers, Unc

Finally made it to the RRPC meeting Thursday night, after getting rear-ended while stopped on the 51N. It was a good meeting. My wife's back hurt too much to make it up to their outing on Saturday, so we went shopping for a panning kit instead. Found out instead of just buying a 4WD drive to get onto the claims, she wants to get a motorhome and quad so we can spend whole weekends prospecting, and head up to Alaska for a month sometime! I am a lucky man!!

I just did the lifetime membership. Found one for sale for $300. Easy transfer. Total cost after I paid the first year about $840. Better than $1500. They have most of the good spots claimed.