Nugget Shooter Forums

Hunting Pics

How about we post up pics of past or current hunting trips? I will start. So show us what you got :pop:

Last moose I took back in Alaska

100_3236.jpg

100_3237.jpg

This is how we spend our time when not hunting!

100_2392.jpg

Arctic Grayling are fantastic right out of the creek into a frying pan :droolin:

I'm looking forward doing some hunting down here, but still classified as a nonresident, so have to wait until next year.

Edited by ArcticDave

BB.

Elevation at that spot is exactly 3000 ft.

New Mexico is gorgeous. I've considered moving there, but was concered about a job. Listings are pretty thin up in the Rockies and I can't stand the thought of being far from mountains of some sort.

Got the elk hunting itch pretty bad...it would be great to draw a tag next year.

We have world class elk hunting both in the North and South. If you plan on entering the draw here let me know. The hunts in the Wilderness (Gila or Pecos) are fantastic. The 6x6 and 7x7 trophies are common. No problem nailing a huge bull in almost any area of the state.

Our lowest spot in the state is about 3000 feet. The trees don't even start until you get over 5000. The highway in the Pecos Valley is 8000 and the trailhead we park at is 10,000 feet. Most of the big bulls are at 11,000-12,000 feet altitude. The country up there looks a lot like your photos though....

Valle Vidal...Two words for a guaranteed trophy elk. If you draw a hunt there you will come back and be in awe for the rest of your life. No kidding. It is just that magnificent. Once in a lifetime hunt and not impossible to get either.

Cool pics Dave. I bet you miss it. Don't worry this big country down here is just as fantastic. If you ever get the hankerin to come this way to shoot something you have a contact you can count on.

Great looking freezer moose Dave .. Bet he was good eating. And the country up there in Alaska is well ... magical! Of course just my opinion never having been to the state of Alaska other than in pictures. Perhaps some day when I'm rich and famous! :) Yah right! :) :) ---Mike F

We have world class elk hunting both in the North and South. If you plan on entering the draw here let me know. The hunts in the Wilderness (Gila or Pecos) are fantastic. The 6x6 and 7x7 trophies are common. No problem nailing a huge bull in almost any area of the state.

Our lowest spot in the state is about 3000 feet. The trees don't even start until you get over 5000. The highway in the Pecos Valley is 8000 and the trailhead we park at is 10,000 feet. Most of the big bulls are at 11,000-12,000 feet altitude. The country up there looks a lot like your photos though....

Valle Vidal...Two words for a guaranteed trophy elk. If you draw a hunt there you will come back and be in awe for the rest of your life. No kidding. It is just that magnificent. Once in a lifetime hunt and not impossible to get either.

Cool pics Dave. I bet you miss it. Don't worry this big country down here is just as fantastic. If you ever get the hankerin to come this way to shoot something you have a contact you can count on.

Thank you Bob. Might take you up on that one day when I can afford it.

Those little bulls are the best eating, and that was the easiest moose hunt of my life :D

We had taken atv's into the backcountry about 90 miles. We had just pulled into my normal camping spot, and starting unpacking for a weeks stay. I spied that little guy up on the hillside across from us. We quickly unhooked our meat wagons and bounced acrossed the tundra to a spot close enough to stalk from from. I eased down the hill with my trusty Remington 30.06 After about 15 minutes I came out of a small dip in the hill...and he was right below me 50 yards away. I sent a 150g ballistic tip his direction and he was freezer bound :4chsmu1: Then the work began...Even with two fellows that have skinned and quartered ALOT of moose together, it took a couple hours to get it packed on the wheelers. We arrived back in camp(which wasn't even set up yet) and quickly leaned all the quarters against the bushes to breathe. We woke up in the morning to find half of a ribcage MIA. We located a pile of recycled blueberries just down hill from us. We followed those grizzly tracks for a couple miles, mainly out of curiosity. That sneaky ol bear had snatched that ribcage not 30 ft from the tent :yikes: Didn't even wake up Kermit, our Labrador Retriever!!! Of course maybe Kermit had more sense than to tell us about that grizz....

Great looking freezer moose Dave .. Bet he was good eating. And the country up there in Alaska is well ... magical! Of course just my opinion never having been to the state of Alaska other than in pictures. Perhaps some day when I'm rich and famous! :) Yah right! :) :) ---Mike F

That little fella was fantastic :droolin:

It's only an airplane ride away Mike. My mining partner is getting ready to come down here in a couple weeks for the winter...his ticket was only $239.00