Nugget Shooter Forums

Slim,

It may have been a while but that is one fine nugget. I bet you didn't post the others.

I'm going up that way next week. It would be nice to meet you if you are around.

Mitchel

Yo, Chris ... I'd thought you gave up beepster and was just crusin' the KOA's for :brows: , That's a real beauty ... WTG!!!! Cheers, Unc

You may be called Slim but that righteous honker is FAT!!!! Can't tell to good from pics but crystaline or worn wire configuration? Congrats-John

Thank you gentlemen. Mitchel, I believe we met at the Dale in March of this year. :89: It will be nice to see you again. Bill, it was my pleasure. Thank you for continuing to provide this most excellent forum. :worship: Frank, that is a NV nugget but my next stop will be Gold Basin. :yikes: Thank you garimpo. Steve, I hope so too. :2drink: Martin, thank you for making that clear. I hope to meet up with you again somewhere down the road. :Just_Cuz_06: Thanks Rimshot. It looks even better today. :oregonian_winesmiley: Uncle Ron, I never gave up beepster :25r30wi:‚Äč but I have spent a lot of time fishing and I made good use of the fish whacker I got from Goldstudmuffin this year. :5bat: KOA's are not part of my itinerary. :nono: Thank you Adam & Mike. Hoser John, it's crystalline. :ROFL: Thank you d_day, Dutchman and Au Seeker.

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Like 1

Thank you Harry & Relichunter.

Johnno, I fully agree. Take that break. There is simply NO reason not to.

Russ, the story is real simple. I followed your advice :worship: and got a bigger coil for my GP Extreme. I picked up a used 18" round NF Advantage mono and after I got done whacking fish :5bat: this summer I headed to beautiful downtown Jungo, NV, :hiker:

I started off at a new WSPA claim but took a wrong turn getting there and ended up at a dead end. :grr01: I had to backtrack to get to the claim but I saw some good signs and no claim markers :idea: at the dead end so I went back there the next day and start beeping, :head:

I beep and I beep and I beep and I beep... :head:

I see a couple old dig holes and I know there WAS something there... :cry2:

Then all of a sudden I get the signal. :yesss:

A really really sweet signal. :ROFL:

So, I start scraping off topsoil and run my magnet over the scrape.... :4chsmu1:

The target is there :head: but it's deeper. :)

So, I put down the detector and start digging

I dig and I dig and I dig some more :Diggin_a_hole:

because I gotta dig a really wide hole !<----------->! to get the huge coil in there. :2mo5pow:

I was down about 6 inches and was still in soft soil when I ran the coil over the hole again.

and target was out of the hole and I figured it was a bullet. :th:

It didn't take long to get it into the scoop and then in my hand. :brows:

It was pretty heavy and I saw yellow! :wee:

So, I cleaned it up a bit and put in my poke before checking the hole again :fl:

Then I filled my dig hole like a good boy. :rolleyes:

and I started beeping again looking for the nexxxxxxxxxt nugget.

I'm still looking but it sure helps when you find a bone now and then.

What the??? "You have posted a message with more emoticons than this community allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message"

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Like 1