Nugget Shooter Forums

Nice weekend in AZ

Nugget Shooter

Next weekend for Dad and I up at Not so Rich Hill.

3 days of fun!!!! Weeeeee

Tom H.

P.S. if anyone is in the area and sees the little green 874runner stop by and say HI
We will be camped just north of the cematery on angels ranch road, south of decision corner.

Tom H.

I got out to the Wickenburg Mtns. Friday and the weather and beeping was awesome ... No gold on account I was hunting a couple of my old pounded patches, but I did find a boot tack so I'm sure there's a dink or two I missed ... I was enjoying the day so much I just spent most of it cruising old trails and mining sites ... One area I'd researched a long time ago was supposed to have some very old graves ... I started sniffing around and actually found some graves .... five for sure and maybe a sixth one ... One cool thing about them was they all, except one, had chrysacolla (sp?) sprinkled all over and a distinct ring of rocks, as well as a head stone ... The thing that impressed me is that they buried these folks in some nasty hard ground ... I guess the daily grind they lived, digging into rotted bedrock was no biggie ... Here's a photo of one of them ... All the graves are pretty well hidden, but , once you get into what they look like, they're pretty easy to spot ... Cheers, Unc

post-9-0-06852800-1380432221_thumb.jpg

I to will be getting out this week to possibly close up the cabin for the winter, It has snowed at the 5000' level and the cabin is at the 6000' level, forcast says it is to be nice back in the 60's. Have a terrible storm going thru at this point. Think the gold digging is almost done at the mine due to frozen ground. Had a good hard freeze here the other night. Guess I'll now have to wait till I get to AZ to do some dirt diggin.

Bill as you know I was out yesterday with Lon at RH-I hadnt been out there in a while-man has it changed-theres a couple of mining opereations that werent there last time I was out that way :nutty: I did manage to find a dink and win another dollar along with a sunburn :arrowheadsmiley: so although fall is around the corner its still warm :2mo5pow: Mike C... :200:

Yesterday , my Garmin says I hiked 5.6 miles looking for a piece of gold near Trilby. I had no such luck :grr01: Then today I hiked some more tribs near Trilby then went over near Gypsy Moth area , and couldn't get over a piece at all. :2mo5pow: Big Skunk for me this weekend.

DSC06516_zpsc5a54b95.jpg

DSC06518_zpsee7b31e7.jpg

DSC06520_zps55c2501f.jpg

Yesterday , my Garmin says I hiked 5.6 miles looking for a piece of gold near Trilby. I had no such luck :grr01: Then today I hiked some more tribs near Trilby then went over near Gypsy Moth area , and couldn't get over a piece at all. :2mo5pow: Big Skunk for me this weekend.

DSC06516_zpsc5a54b95.jpg

DSC06518_zpsee7b31e7.jpg

DSC06520_zps55c2501f.jpg

Well Dern Adam:

Least you got out and got some really nice pictures! :)

Yah know if you vacced that juicy bedrock out and ran it through your drywasher you would probably have a oz or two.

Were going to be up at RH on Fri-Sun. trying our luck.

Tom H.

Went out today also with my hunting bud , how do I say it... :cry2: I got SKUNKED...my Bud got one. :4chsmu1::4chsmu1: .that's four one day outings and I got SKUNKED !! Well on Tuesday..I am going to put on my 18 Mono Commander and go over some good ground. Maybe my dry runs will end soon...Its good to hear everyone is getting some time out, the weather is great. May you all find Gold, but I would rather you all just find joy and peace and well...heck, some dang GOLD.

Well Dern Adam:

Least you got out and got some really nice pictures! :)

Yah know if you vacced that juicy bedrock out and ran it through your drywasher you would probably have a oz or two.

Were going to be up at RH on Fri-Sun. trying our luck.

Tom H.

Hi Tom

At decision corner do you go left or right ? not that familiar with the area yet. I go to Y-NOT shovel wet stuff across a 1/4" grizzly I built ,pan out a sample occasionally, fill 8 buckets and Suzanne says loadem up go home and run across my highbanker under the awning at our 5th wheel. Every bucket yields some but mighty fine stuff ( fine like in small..lol ) occasionally a small flake but it's fun. I never thought that wet sand was heavier than water or am I just tired ?

Might look you up fri or Sun Sat is the Congress Days parade, Panning contest, buy some cons from RH untouched..Yeah right, probably got conned through a 50 screen

Hi Tom

At decision corner do you go left or right ? not that familiar with the area yet. I go to Y-NOT shovel wet stuff across a 1/4" grizzly I built ,pan out a sample occasionally, fill 8 buckets and Suzanne says loadem up go home and run across my highbanker under the awning at our 5th wheel. Every bucket yields some but mighty fine stuff ( fine like in small..lol ) occasionally a small flake but it's fun. I never thought that wet sand was heavier than water or am I just tired ?

Might look you up fri or Sun Sat is the Congress Days parade, Panning contest, buy some cons from RH untouched..Yeah right, probably got conned through a 50 screen

Jim:

You would turn off to the right and go down about 1/4 mile, we will be on the left.

We will probably be heading out on sunday afternoon.

Tom H.