Nugget Shooter Forums

A Golden Summer in New York

Nice haul Terry :thumbsupanim , with that much gold, there is no reason to go to the desert.

Terry,

Great finds. I should be taking trips to beaches rather than up here in the mountains and snow!

Maybe ...

Mitchel

They can remove the man from the desert but they'll never remove that gold fever from the man-congrats as lotza diggn' and knee time on that glorious haul-John

G'mornin TS. I'm not familiar with that type of mining. Did the gold come from a local source like a sidewalk vain or maybe a storm drain epithermal type deposit? Some of it looks like it could be from a tertiary freeway channel. Nice work.

Klunker ... You forgot the alluvial fan deposits leading into the great sand deltas of the Atlantic Coastal Mining District! Mike F

Nice finds Terry...gold is gold don't matter where it comes from. Used to hang out in Follows Camp on the San Gabriel river and prospect the gulches. There was a fella, Sonny was his name who has been swingin detectors since his service in Korea. He used to sweep the ground for landmines..Sonny would always come by and pull out of his pockets gold jewelry he found with his detector in public swim areas he would hunt and just smile and say.." hey prospectors, how much gold did you find today" while he was dangling a nice 20 gram 14 kt necklace in front of our faces. Personally, I am just hooked on crawling on my fours and scanning dirt for those little nuggs.. :ROFL:

Archived