Nugget Shooter Forums

Got a few hours on the 2, 18 inch PM Coils

Nugget Shooter

Hi All, Managed to get out for a few hours this morning with Joe to do some testing on the 18 round and 18x14 mono and we were both pleasantly surprised and thrilled at the same time bu how these coils performed at an area littered with hot rocks and bad soil. Both run very stable and will her very tiny bits of gold with a clear solid signal. I have added a pick of me with the Scarab as well as some of the test targets used, note how small the one bit of gold is and could be heard easily at close to 2 inches deep with an 18 inch coil! I am thinking these folks just may have a true winner and something new to add to the detector community and a very competitive price.

This is still not the final production version and much more to come in coming weeks as more coils become available and some more surprises in sensitivity as well as stability are also coming down the pipe.

Heck forgot my harness this morning so no bungee, but still the 18x14 was light enough to swing with no issue...

Tomorrow we plan to get out and actually hunt these coils and hope to pop a nugget or two...

1234597_580382808689229_1219760136_n.jpg

1239972_580384098689100_2118736342_n.jpg

Good luck Tomorrow Bill, Joe & co. ,

Are these DD coils? Is there a makeup of the magnetic field pattern or is it pretty much the same as Minelab coils? As you know Pattern and depth is really important. Meaning if a DD coil had the same depth as the deepest point of the cone of a Mono coil, that would be awesome, as we could cover more ground more effectively.

Anyway....I hope you guys score some nugs tomorrow!

As technology and time marches on it never ceases to amaze me what the latest innovations can do. Just wish they'd hurry up with the TV screen model so I could see whats up down there before I dig hahaha at least before I'm ashes anyhow-John

Good luck Tomorrow Bill, Joe & co. ,

Are these DD coils? Is there a makeup of the magnetic field pattern or is it pretty much the same as Minelab coils? As you know Pattern and depth is really important. Meaning if a DD coil had the same depth as the deepest point of the cone of a Mono coil, that would be awesome, as we could cover more ground more effectively.

Anyway....I hope you guys score some nugs tomorrow!

Hi Adam , these are both mono coils we are currently working with so far and sure happy with the results except I couldn't get over a nugget yesterday...

Bill, you are looking slim and trim...that is some mighty fine detecting with that big coil!

fred

Those were test nuggets Fred from the first day out to see how sensitive these coils were to smaller nuggets, hope to get a chance to travel a bit to some prime hunting ground in the next couple weeks.