Nugget Shooter Forums

Joe No Shoulders Busts the Skunk

Uncle Ron

Yo, All, ... Finally got out today for the first long hunt since the heart procedures and it felt pretty good, temps only around 92 or so and nice breeze ... I decided to hit the old Joe No Shoulders patch rather than ride my butt off back into the mountains I've been prospecting for the past couple years ... Bad thing about JNS patch is that there's areas of nasty trash ... I'm pretty sure there's some gold among that trash, but, until I can afford a new ML 30x (or whatever shorthand we're using for that machine) that trash and its gold will just have to lay .... Anyhow, after about a half hour this afternoon I got this cute solid little skunk buster ... 0.2 grams or about $8.80 at today's price ... Found it with my ML4500, NF 17" Mono Fiberglass ... Only about 3" deep ... Also found the dime nearby ...Cheers, Unc

post-9-0-01952900-1379651333_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-09859100-1379651362_thumb.jpg

Glad to hear that you are out and about again Unk. Keep it slow and easy and don't stress yourself with too much heat for a while. Nice littliin brother, shows you still have the Midis touch.

Old Tom

Awesome ! Sometimes finding the tiny stuff is satisfying as well because it proves how great of a detectorist you are to find a "needle in a haystack" so to speak .. that is what I tell myself when I find a 1/4" piece of wire lol... but you found gold ! takes talent in my opinion.. and perseverance. Nice job

• Like 1

I'm really beginning to wonder. I've grown to admire, respect, and believe you fella's here on the forum.

But I can't tell you how many times I've heard: Last nugget from LSD; No more nuggets in LSD; Forget LSD, all the nuggets have been found; All LSD gold has been recovered.

What gives?

You're getting to sound like some fishermen I know !!

Great job Unc..........but take it easy, and don't rush your recovery.

Patrick .....

Patrick, since I first made the "Last LSD Nugget" pronouncement about 5 years ago, there's probably been a couple pounds of nuggets found there ... So this is NOT the last nugget from LSD--but the dime was the last dime at LSD :action-smiley-068[1]: !!!!! :rolleyes: Cheers, Unc

Edited by Uncle Ron

Patrick, since I first made the "Last LSD Nugget" pronouncement about 5 years ago, there's probably been a couple pounds of nuggets found there ... So this is NOT the last nugget from LSD--but the dime was the last dime at LSD :action-smiley-068[1]: !!!!! :rolleyes: Cheers, Unc

Good to hear you're getting out and about, even better to hear you found a nugget!!!

You had to say it's the last dime at LSD, now the government will open a mint there and start making dimes!!!

I'll be bopping around out at the LSD trying some new coils and think I will go right out to Gypsy Moth and work that deep red dirt first off... Been some nice ones pulled out of there in the past I I just know there are more just out of reach. They may still be out of reach, but got to let these PM Coils have a chance at them, then I will go to a couple nasty black sand areas as well. Nice nugget Ron and I agree another dime will be harder to find then another nugget...

Way to go Ron!!
Glad your feeling better and getting out....and finding gold :)
Taker easy.
Tom H.