Nugget Shooter Forums
Trailblazer

Finding Gold with my Tesoro Lobo !

Went out yesterday with my mining buddy and found my fourth piece of gold with my Tesoro Lobo detector since this summer... I have been detecting for several years but only finding the usual bullets, nails, and micro metals... lol... finally seems I am in the "gold finding club" yay!

My first piece weighed exactly and oz but I had it acid washed and it revealed about 5gm!

post-26913-0-03679400-1379598266_thumb.j post-26913-0-37817500-1379598268_thumb.j

My next two were from different locations one was .6g and the other was .4g shown here with other items found !

post-26913-0-89049200-1379598523_thumb.j

And.... the last one found yesterday ... a beautiful collection of gold inside a quartz void...

post-26913-0-96746400-1379598587_thumb.j post-26913-0-62748500-1379598591_thumb.j

Can't wait to go out again and find more !

• Like 2

Great feeling finding that first nugget after paying your "junk" dues.

Good pics.

Welcome to the forums and those are indeed some nice finds and sure appreciate you sharing them. I am guessing there will be much more in your future :yesss:

Really nice finds, TB ... Keep on findin' and postin' ... Cheers, Unc

Excellent Finds ! Id like to see that quartz one cleaned up ! Keep up the good work

Nice job! Keep it up, but leave some for the rest of us! ;)

TB your proof positive that hard headed and hanging in there can pay off.....never give up.....beautiful gold and thanks for posting the pics....

Trailblazer,

Welcome to the forum!!

Thanks for posting to let us celebrate with you!! :ya::oregonian_winesmiley::2drink:

Congratulations on whacking that skunk up side his head in a big way, maybe he will leave you alone for a while and you'll find a bunch of nuggets from here on out!!

I love that first piece, it cleaned up beautifully, the rest of your gold is great!!! :thumbsupanim

Sweet specimen Trailblazer! Keep it up. Looks like you are also in the motherload country.

WTG TB! Very nice!

Ditto of those who preceded me. You have proven that with time the smell of a skunk goes away and turns into sweet perfume.

Mitchel

Fantastic finds and I never leave home without my TLST either. Point-I would keep on a bustn' rock in that void as 1 can easily lead to yet another. Use your rock hammer and tap tap tap that bedrock in/around for that righteous hollow sound and ya just might be MUCH more than pleasently surprised by what ya find. Congrats-John

Thanks everyone ! It is such a great feeling to finally be finding gold with the detector. The lobo is a great tool.. I flip between regular and disc all the time and am becoming sensitive with my ears for what I am finding... my mining buddy has a Minelab so we are able to cover ground together in a great way... We start early and it's hard to stop! Even out in 100 degree weather... that's what the fever causes I suppose !! I am adventuring again on Sunday.. weather cooling down to high 80s. Hope I have nice treasures to show off :D

• Like 3

Rain FINALLY has cooled things off and sunday should be a bountiful day in N Kalif as the TLST righteously works even better in damp soil. GO GIRL and kick some butt-John

Well ... only found three lead pieces, boot tack and hot rocks. But that's ok.. the day was beautiful and hike was awesome. Going out again Wednesday to a new spot! Perseverance.... !!!

• Like 1

Perseverance.... !!!
You said it !!! Perserverance is the key.
Hapy Huntn
:D

• Like 1