Nugget Shooter Forums

GMT help

Tyeechinook

I'm sure there are many that would be willing to help you, it would help too know where you're location so those in your area with the knowledge and willingness can respond.

One thing you need to understand is that all someone can do is to help you understand how to operate the GMT, the finding of the gold is a job you'll have to achieve after learning the GMT.

My suggestion would be to first join a local prospecting club in your area. A simple on line search would help you locate a great club. You will find clubs a great resource to meet people in your area who share a common interest, that is nugget-hunting local areas. Second, well realistically first should be, watch the dvd with Jimmy Sierra explaining and demonstrating how to use the GMT. Third, practice, practice and use the detector as much as you can. Many of us on this forum have put in many years in and have worked very hard to locate our first tiny nugget..never give up and you will find yours too. :head:

Best settings for small gold in low to moderate ground: autotrac ON, gain +3, SAT 10, threshold barely audible, boost off. In very mineralized ground (river bottoms etc) drop gain to 7 and SAT to 7. Dig all repeatable signals, including the very faint ones. Get a copy of "Advanced Nuggetshooting" for more tuning and operating tips. HH Jim

Hi Jim,

You are maybe thinking MXT? Gain on GMT goes from 1-10 there are no "plus" settings.

I run manual ground balance and hit "Grab" button as needed. Gain at 10 most of the time unless ground or hot rocks real bad, then may back off a bit. I run audio boost off unless ground real quiet. SAT is usually at preset of 3 unless ground extremely bad but frankly at that point I switch to my GPX.

There's a club in Placerville, Gold Country Treasure Seekers. They have a web site with information.

A friend of mine just joined and has invited me down to a meeting. I will try to go down sometime in the next few months. I don't know how many members are knowegable about the GMT but there must be some. From the web site, it looks to be a pretty big and active club. You might give them a try.

Digger Bob

Oops. yep Steve, meant gain of 10. Had just gotten in from the Charlotte GPAA Show, four airports, three flights, 16 hours..... brain dead. Again, it was nice chatting with you at Reno. HH Jim