Nugget Shooter Forums
TomH

micro nugget

Hey all:
Welp, Dad and I went out detecting today to backwards wash. Wanted to see if the monsoons had done any damage up there. There was some dirt moved...but not a lot.

I hit the wash again and didnt find anything and hit some other washes.....I got skunked today.

But! Dad found this little guy in a area that I had detected over a couple of times.

Yup, the 80 year old guy beat me today :)
Good day out and had fun.

Tom H.

post-25308-0-94138400-1379280863_thumb.j

• Like 1

Great job Senior....

Keep that kid in line.

Patrick .....

A nice shiny flake for the collection. BZ!

He's the man!

Guess Jr. hasn't figured it out yet huh Sr.....you didn't teach him everything you know!!! Good show!!!

Oldies but goodies rock this miners world as I'm gettn' long in tooth too and will NEVER give up-Kudos to Pops-John

Isn't it funny what you find in spots you have been over and over ? I found my 5g piece in a spot I trodded over so many times ! it was just laying there like 2 inches down.. LOUD. And I still hit that spot and find old bullets here and there... seems endless.. hope the gold will pop up again there!! it's elusive at this spot.. gold with attitude. :200:

Hey Tom,

Nice nuggy,

The funny thing about this is that us "old folks" have no trouble hearing those small pieces of gold, but we can't hear a thing on the TV and especially what the wife is saying.

Just saying!

Happy "skunk free" hunting,

Bob

Amen Brother!! The wife is mumbleing more and more every day.

Old Tom

Way to go Tom! Vlf beats out a gpx5000. I'm sure it was good to beat kid Tom in the gold race.

Well you know that he beats me most of the time but it's good to come in first once in a while. There have been some good buys on the 4500 and Tom wanted me to maybe get one. This little Gold Bug Pro is so nice and light and easy to read I think that I'll stick with it. It's all in having fun or not. Some of the distances to travel in are getting longer and I'm getting more out of shape for it. Usually he finds them and I dig them, its not a bad arrangement. We have a lot of fun together.

Old Tom

Well you know that he beats me most of the time but it's good to come in first once in a while. There have been some good buys on the 4500 and Tom wanted me to maybe get one. This little Gold Bug Pro is so nice and light and easy to read I think that I'll stick with it. It's all in having fun or not. Some of the distances to travel in are getting longer and I'm getting more out of shape for it. Usually he finds them and I dig them, its not a bad arrangement. We have a lot of fun together.

Old Tom

Yup............we got a pretty good thing going on here with Dad and I. I got me pants beet off by him last week!

Usually what we do is..........

If the 5000 finds it, I mark it with a piece of paper and he comes up behind me and digs up the nugs.

I keep swinging and we get the gold :) Dads got the GB2 pretty much dialed in.

Dads a trooper. I dont know of any other 80+ year old guys out there beating the washes like he does.

Were having fun and enjoying life :))))) :yesss: )))) :yesss: ))) :yesss: )

Tom H

Edited by TomH
  • Like 1

You 2 are a wonderful pair/team I am grateful to have met and spent some time with you both and look forward to meeting up again this season.
Take care an Hapy Huntn.

Wife just pulled this whopper out of a tailing pile with my GB 2.

Small%201.jpg

Small%202.jpg

Yep, that is the head of a pin.

Too bad that is not a 20 penny bridge spike!

Man, that puts my micro nugget to shame :)
Tom H.