Nugget Shooter Forums

Arizona's Missing Museum

I want to recognize the Bob Jones article “Arizona’s Missing Museum,” in the September issue of Rock & Gem magazine. The article is rich with Arizona’s mineral history, photographs, and the new Earth Science Museum organization which seeks to take the place of the Arizona State Mineral Museum that was closed by the State in 2010. Seek out and read Bob’s article.

I'll see it at the gem/mineral meeting friday-thanx much for headsup as one stinkn' crying shame when AZ loses it's mineral heritage museum. Huge fight in kalif trying to keep ours open too. John :grr01:

:idunno: sorry to hear that. Enviro scam in politics is cut funding and they die and my my my mining heritage dies. Just like kalif state quarter vote,Miner got over 89% vote but they used enviro bs instead sic sic sic as to deny one's heritage is to wander life with no foundation. My Gkids history books have reduced mining legacy a little bit with every revision as Gdaughter and G son go through school in Redondo I see their history books and each revision more eco mined bs and mining bad bad bad BS-John

Any chance it could be reopened? Maybe moved to a university? I never got to see It either. Sad to see it happen.

It's a bad,bad,thing to have closed.Thats were us self tought prospectors learned what minerals looked like,the ones we needed to know in search of gold.I was so happy when they moved from the fair grounds to that big ,nice new building.they were able to display so much more.What a shame to close.I don't think moving to a university would work ,they were going to close the one at U of A.But the guy in charge mark candy said he would stay on and run it,thats been a year or so ago ,don't know were it stands now.>>>Kelly