Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

campbell954

Monsoon 2013 Rock'in!!!

Wow!!! What a great rainstorm today!! Watched the RADAR and it looked like the Bradshaws got hit for several hours with some good rain. Speaking to some long time valley (PHX) residence and they are saying this monsoon season is like monsoons of old. Hoping this is followed up with some good early winter storms!

Yep, it sure looks like the Bradshaws got hit hard from south to north ... good nugget findin... Cheers, Unc

Yep...been raining a lot up here in prescott area. Went riding this past weekend and had to cross Wolf creek on the bike. Quite a bit of water in it.

In this weather a person might as well just go get married and snuggle up in bed till the Sun comes back out for several days at least. :4chsmu1:

I think we have had more rain in Casa Grande then the last three monsoons combined. Lots of nugget areas in the state have been hit pretty good this season, even as I type this......

Adam, did Jim really say GET MARRIED ??

Patrick ..... (Happily UN -Married)

Patrick go play with your beeper !!!

Is this the normal time of the year for the monsoons to start?

I think they are late

Is this the normal time of the year for the monsoons to start?

Steve , the monsoon season in AZ usually starts around mid July or earlier, and typically ends mid September. Its been a good season for rain is Arizona. Heck I think even Patrick got some rain the other day....

In this weather a person might as well just go get married and snuggle up in bed till the Sun comes back out for several days at least. :4chsmu1:

Doing that in February.

I had to take a trip up towards Flagstaff this morning. Hit heavy rain on I-17, just north of Black Canyon City and most all the washes along the highway were running. It was raining so heavy, west of the highway, in the Bradshaws, you couldn't see the tops of the mountains. Hit more heavy rain, returning to the valley this afternoon. Again, on I-17 and west in the Bradshaws. The washes were now running much heavier and most were running over their banks. I was as excited as a school girl seeing all the rain and heavy running washes!!!!!!!!!

-Joe

I don't know how to respond....I have a commitment problem....ha ha

Dryer than a popcorn fart here,massive fire over 8,000+ acres IN town. 1 smaller less than 1 mile from house for a week,sooooooooo dry they refuse to die???? Come on rain,consider yourselves blessed as we sure ain't this drought year-John

You're right Adam. We did get some sweet rain.

I even went out to my traler and took a nap listening to it on the roof. Imagining I was at GB, or the Q.

Patrick .....

Dryer than a popcorn fart here,massive fire over 8,000+ acres IN town. 1 smaller less than 1 mile from house for a week,sooooooooo dry they refuse to die???? Come on rain,consider yourselves blessed as we sure ain't this drought year-John

Do you live right in Redding John ? I spent the better part of my life just South of you in Willows

Yes I been here for quite a few years,too many but had to care for dying folks and last son through college. The sweaty armpit of the once great San Juaquin has gone enviro yuppie and now infamous prison dumping grounds as feds say mt them prisons-no yaaaaa. Still lookn' for a better place/state/country,whatever as sure was nicer in the 70s-80s and MUCH mining going on then-John

Yes I been here for quite a few years,too many but had to care for dying folks and last son through college. The sweaty armpit of the once great San Juaquin has gone enviro yuppie and now infamous prison dumping grounds as feds say mt them prisons-no yaaaaa. Still lookn' for a better place/state/country,whatever as sure was nicer in the 70s-80s and MUCH mining going on then-John

MT prisons and you aren't even allowed to carry a pea shooter ? You need to leave that fine state, It,s bad and getting worse fast.

Had a Steady Drizzle over the past five days. One was a Hard Rain, dumped like a inch and a half in on hour. No Winds and that is cool. just stream from the sky rain. Reminds me on the UK continuous Drizzle. This Month we have weeds popping up all over the place and when they Dry out it's going to be like a Tender Box.

Talking of weeds, I am sitting here watching them grow. I wonder if this campground owner ever runs a weed eater ? I moved into a 5th wheel so I wouldn't have to maintain my yard !!! I wonder if it's dry enough to get up to Y-NOT and shovel some gravel ?

Even here in SoCal we've had some brief but heavy downpours. Holcomb Valley got drenched. No dry washing up there for a while, that's for sure. But metal detecting continues to be good.

Speaking of weeds,the firemen are complaining like crazy as hundreds of huge pot plantations going up with houses and they are gettn' blasted outta their minds by the bud smoke. 138 homes and 68 structures so far and the devil take the hindmost as only 50% contained IF the wind stays down. Enjoy your rain as we'd kill fer sum -John :th:

Speaking of weeds,the firemen are complaining like crazy as hundreds of huge pot plantations going up with houses and they are gettn' blasted outta their minds by the bud smoke. 138 homes and 68 structures so far and the devil take the hindmost as only 50% contained IF the wind stays down. Enjoy your rain as we'd kill fer sum -John :th:

POT Sheesh with the population of Redding I would think there would be volunteers lined up for miles to help save those pot plants...screw the houses.lol :idea: :knight-horse:

Pot is the least of the worries. I Seen hundred of folks messed up with Burning Poison Sumac, Ivy,Oak and other plants. All Pot will do is make you have the Munchies. Natural Chemical. Warfare. In Illinois a kid started a fire in the Alley that burned a pile of Ivey and it put 50 people in the hospital blisters in there lungs and just plain messed them up. You never hear about that stuff do you? All you need is a wiff or two of smoke coming off that crap and your down.

I have had 3.5" in the last 36 hours! Nice monsoon rains like it is supposed to be. Not windy and a lot of lightning. First real rain system over this area in many years.

Coming down slow and steady. Soaking down deep after so many days of rain. It has been a heck of a long time since we have had a normal year. About ten more summers in a row like this and the drought might be over.

H.J. - sorry to hear about your fires. I hope you folks get some moisture soon!

B.B. - Hopefully these summer rains are followed up with some good winter storms.