Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wet/dry mixer

Wet/Dry Washer when MD

12 hours ago, Jack outback said:

The idea is to make each model work quicker & be more efficient , I was happy with one below for a short time  :idunno:

SANY0004%20640x480_zpscddbuwqg.jpg

Sorry -- I should have been more specific.. I meant how was the most recent build working as far as keeping everything in free fall etc..

Swamp

Hi Swamp ,

Improvements have been with speed of processing material , have found that the models that discharge the tailing by reversing turning to be the best performers .

The internal sifters are also critical to get any heavies to the bottom quick & keep them there .

Below is a superseded model to show this .

SANY0002%20640x480_zps1giny4vk.jpg

Hello Jack ,welcome to the forum!!:thumbsupanim

I know I have seen these photos of your work before, have you posted them on some other forums in the past?

Yes I have seen your video as well, have you done the same test using a measured amount of fine gold dust?

As we all know many places you can get more gold going after the fine gold than you can going after pickers and nuggets.

49 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

Yes I have seen your video as well, have you done the same test using a measured amount of fine gold dust?

As we all know many places you can get more gold going after the fine gold than you can going after pickers and nuggets.

No I didn't test it with fine gold just very small lead bits , yes there are heaps more fine gold then pickers & nuggets out there

Had a friend test that unit some years back  in the field , he is a detector guy & was not used to this kind of prospecting .

He took the photo below just after doing test pan from the small amount of material run through , found gold immediately & was excited  :yesss:

goldchurn2_zps1bbcf7f5.jpg

Better models have been made since , below is a pic I took last season of us testing two units in a place that has seen many detectors over the years .

We cherry picked the natural trap spots & were surprised at the large number of small pickers we kept finding ' shame it had rained a few days earlier .

SANY0012_zpsgt5qyrid.jpg

Cheers

Jack.

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:56 AM, Au Seeker said:

Hello Jack ,welcome to the forum!!:thumbsupanim

Whoops forgot to say thanks for the welcome .

Thought you would like this old photo .

Steve20Lordens20patented20Dryblower_zpsg

Regards

jack .

Just to show you don't need much water , pic of young Barry ~ 78 years old is having fun  .

Jack .

SANY0017_zpsbrckurzw.jpg

When the weather out here in the desert cools down enough in a couple of months I'll be able to field test some newer designs .

The one below has a system of self adjusting internals that change angles & pitch to speed up stratification & concentration in either direction .

The idea is to have the thing still doing both actions S/C even when throwing out the lighter material but still keeping all heavies deep to the bottom rear so none show up when testing the tailings .  :4chsmu1:

SANY0002%20800x600_zps5jqtyqe3.jpg

When I achieve the perfect setup I’ll put them on the market .

jack .

On 1/29/2017 at 4:40 AM, wet/dry washer said:

Always interested with more input.

Thanks, bob

I've got some ideas about drywashing myself, but as someone who has never had to contend with a lack of water, my input should be considered suspect at best.  :4chsmu1:

IMHO a "transmission"  kind of what's found on a washing machine might allow the heavy solids to settle out a LOT better than a continuously rotating design....I haven't given much thought about exactly how may degrees rotation might be best, but IMHO it would certainly be better. 

I'm available for consultation if the price is right....I also have some ideas on how electro magnetism in two different applications could be highly beneficial.....

2 hours ago, middleforkminer2 said:

I've got some ideas about drywashing myself, but as someone who has never had to contend with a lack of water, my input should be considered suspect at best.  :4chsmu1:

IMHO a "transmission"  kind of what's found on a washing machine might allow the heavy solids to settle out a LOT better than a continuously rotating design....I haven't given much thought about exactly how may degrees rotation might be best, but IMHO it would certainly be better. 

I'm available for consultation if the price is right....I also have some ideas on how electro magnetism in two different applications could be highly beneficial.....

Good luck with idea your ideas , always better to make up some sort of test model to see if it has promise .   :thumbsupanim

I made this device long ago , the handle was to stir up the dirt just above the bottom when rocking the whole thing back & forth .

I was not happy with it , but needed to make 2 designs to find out  :cry2:

001-4_zps4a30adc6.jpg

5 minutes ago, Jack outback said:

Good luck with idea your ideas , always better to make up some sort of test model to see if it has promise .   :thumbsupanim

I made this device long ago , the handle was to stir up the dirt just above the bottom when rocking the whole thing back & forth .

I was not happy with it , but needed to make 2 designs to find out  :cry2:

001-4_zps4a30adc6.jpg

Unfortunately R&D is a part of coming up with new equipment designs, somtimes you get lucky and hit on the right design quickly but most times it takes many attemps to perfect a design and the more attemps to achive perfection just make the final product more costly to sell in the end!

Hi All , I found this pic on the net last year , it made me feel so good I thought I'd share it . To keep on topic lets call it day dreaming with my friend about future gold finds :) humanity_zpso60lvhd8.jpg

Nothing better than a kid and his kitty enjoying a swing and dreaming about gold!!

Live at bill's in the Charley's cabins next to Artic Dave's cabin, in Morristown Arizona. My offer to anyone who picks me up and take me beep digs or drywash tailings and run their dirt damp or dry through either mysampling bucket or tub. They can decide what percent share the recoveries.

Hello all ,

Been many weeks away working on ideas .

Whats important to know is this type of design has a inherent flaw , the rotation buries the gold deep to the back BUT re- deposits it on the top again ' on the far right side of the heap again    . i thought I'd almost overcome this but no ' I did not take enough notice of all the verables  ,

As material needs to be removed to make the unit work as a consentrator , it will discharge some  gold that's not deep enough when removing  the lights .

Good news is I've made a unit that can liquefy dry material enough to take advantage of golds high weight  when mixed with a dry gravel ( 2.70 specific gravity )

And the trick is how to dump the lights yet still retain ALL the gold of any size .  :D

jack .