Nugget Shooter Forums

Trip to Nevada

adam

My first trip to Nevada , and what a warm welcome !

DSC06476_zps05384889.jpg

Boulderdash and I decided a trip to Rye Patch was in order. We also visited two other mining districts in the area. Long days, wind , icy cold rain, lightning, and some heat made for a some tough hunting. Boulderdash beeped circles around me with his fine showing of 8 pieces from the Majuba Placers. My 2 pieces are below his. The goal was to hunt Rye Patch for the experience, and finding a few pickers was icing on the cake ! There were no shortage of quartz crystals either.

RyePatchGold_zps4aa2ee1c.jpg

I leave you with a couple pictures from the adventure.

DSC06451_zps1d6863bf.jpg

DSC06447_zpsf8b57fd6.jpg

• Like 1

Way to go Gold Dust Twins...... Adam your pics are always great and appreciated by us. How did you get that pronghorn to stand still for a close shot like that? Was that a Fish and Game plant or was he so old he didn't care any more? Usually you can't get up on them in the open like that. Great shot man!

I think Wade could come up with a picker at Central and McDowell if he tried. Great adventure guys.

Old Tom

Never underestimate mother natures ability to throw it all at ya in 1 lousy day in that Strange place :Just_Cuz_06: Funny to go in during early spring and find nuggets sitting on top of pillars of sand from rain and wind combo. You must have gone farther in to find then nuggies as soooooo beat on for many years that patch is-John

Thanks for the invite to join you guys. Looks like the trip was a blast :head: I just could not resist the pines and cool temps of the AZ high country. See you both soon! :Diggin_a_hole::2drink:

Edited by Rod

Way to go you guys!
Was wondering where ya went :)

Sounds like a really cool adventure and you saw some critters
Nice crystals.

Its just good to get away from it all sometimes.

Congrats.

Tom H.

Adam,

Its too bad that Crystal John was not around, he could show you some huge one's, Every time me and the wife where there she would buy a few nice ones from John and the next day he would be back and give her twice as many a she bought. He just wanted someone to appreciate them the way he does.

I have a good story to tell about John and someday I will spill the beans on some of the participants in a practical joke that came near some one getting shot. At least they got a tongue lashing they won't forget for many a day, John may only have one leg but he is no one to trifle with.

Max

Never ran into the guy Steve. I read on Rex`s forum that he may have moved to Imlay ?

Yea thanks for the good laughs,beers, and yummy food bro. I must say Rye Patch was a very very challenging area to hunt. We detected most of the days and it's discouraging not findind gold for the hours and hours of detecting. Who ever said there is no trash at rye patch you need to stop that rumor I found lots and lots of trash.. we were also both Lucky not getting any flats in that shale infested area we tried to keep the speeds above 35+ mph. Had a few breakdowns with the truck this time 4 in a row to be precise. High light was three detected nuggets in one bedrock crevice and 2 more very close to there.

Yea Harry....I found nuggets when I was told 30 minutes earlier the area had been cleaned out....then more nuggets later....also found rocks that will go right through a new tire.....mud that is almost impossible to go through and other memorable adventures...

• Like 1

Either you 2 R out of range for an internet signal or ya got into something ???

That was the trip Frank, I only managed 2 pieces and Boulderdash wound up with 9 total. We also spent time in the Trinity Placers & Imlay Placers with nothing to show from the two other districts.

garimpo , You are correct. The mud/clay there is some of the worst I have seen. Thank god it didn't rain very much.