Nugget Shooter Forums

What's The Purpose Of This Vial?

Short-stick

Long story short, I received about 2 lbs. of Mercury from a complete stranger and it included this vial containing a small amount of Mercury and the question is what would have been the purpose of this vial?

If it would have had wires attached I would have thought it to be a Mercury switch but obviously it’s just a vial.

post-24355-0-87502300-1378425611_thumb.j

If you don't already have the other mercury covered with water in it's container, you should.

The water will keep the fumes in control. At least that's what I've been told ?

Patrick .....

Wow, that's really interesting, yes I have the other Mercury covered with water but it seems strange to think a dentist could break the vial without worrying about the glass fragments.

Thanks guys, I feel a little smarter now.

You know, they used amalgamed silver, because germs can't live on silver, but back then, mercury was not considered dangerous, but now its a haz, mat. they wouild close down a business if they found one grain of that now, infact some kid took some to school awhile back here in Ca. and droped the glass bottle he had it in, and they did evac. the school until haz. mat. team cleaned it up. Grubstake

I hear ya grubstake, the nanny state tends to over-react just like they do with a pastry that has been chewed into the shape of a gun by a seven year old, with that logic, the number 7 and the letter L, should be eliminated from our lexicon. It's pathetic.

Yeh, Short-stick. Not only that, but did you know coke syrup, concentrate, like they use in machines in stores like 7-11 is a haz. mat. and when we hauled it, when I was driving longhaul, it had to be plackered, corrosive. Grubstake

Edited by grubstake