Nugget Shooter Forums

B.O.B. short for Bucket's Ol' Bike :brows: Is our new project!

He needs a lot of restoration, but Zoey and I and are gonna work on it together. I promised Bucket I would post up a thread showing the restoration as it happens.

Here is what we are starting with. 1987 YZ125

100_5069_zpsded85e9b.jpg

100_5067_zps965f9a0f.jpg

100_5070_zps6446f3a7.jpg

Bucket...whats up with the Spiderman seat? :ROFL: Yes, it's orange on the bottom....

100_5071_zps191d9e11.jpg

A big thanks to Bucket for providing the raw material for Zoey's " Dirtsquirt" :4chsmu1:

• Like 1

B.O.B....I love it!!!! Believe it or not when I bought it the seat was ....pink. Figuring that Garimpo was never gonna make it down here to take her for a ride, I colored it black. :rasberry:

I spent many hrs tooling around the hills in front of my house on her and she never left me stranded, I can't wait to see it in all her glory.

Edited by Bucket
  • Like 1

Yup looks like a nice hopper that will probably climb the wall.

• Like 1

B.O.B....I love it!!!! Believe it or not when I bought it the seat was ....pink. Figuring that Garimpo was never gonna make it down here to take her for a ride, I colored it black. :rasberry:

Hey Bucket, are you sure? Those lines might have been imprints of his wrinkled old butt while riding in his pink thong....No "panty line"........ :25r30wi:

Sorry Gary, I just couldn't resist.... :kap:

Patrick .....

• Like 1

Hey Bucket, are you sure? Those lines might have been imprints of his wrinkled old butt while riding in his pink thong....No "panty line"........ :25r30wi:

Patrick .....

Now that is HILARIOUS Patrick!!! :laught16:......... :laught16: :laught16:

Patrick .....

Why you been looking at my wrinkles??? :old:

Had a 250 when in Reno and that thang was dangeous fast as ol'school suspension wasn't built right. That 125 should be just right,hope all goes well with rebuild-John

• Like 1

That's cool! Can't wait to see how it turns out. Note to self.....don't let Bucket help paint your next motorcycle.

My last "new" bike was a 1986 YZ250. Wish I had it in me to keep riding. :-(

• Like 1

Note to self.....don't let Bucket help paint your next motorcycle.

:laught16: :laught16: :alcoholic::nono::inocent: could you imagine the beating I'd be taking in here had I opted to leave the seat pink? I think "copper" was the only shaker can I had lying around at the time.

• Like 1

well...i'm up here in Bullhead drinking a few frosties with my buddy Scotty sitting in the garage going over some of my gear. So I thought I'd drop a line to Arctic Dave and see how Zoey's YZ125 is coming along.

Hey Bucket!

Almost done. Waiting on a rear shock to show up from Colorado. I cant post pics from my phone for some reason. I will try to get some put up in the next day or so. I think everyone will like what we did for her! The bike is all painted and running strong. She will have the only blue leopard yz125...that i'm aware of!!! :-D

Hope you kept the seat Dave.....some things just can't be replaced!!!

Yep we kept the seat Don! Painted it black tho...

A big shout out to my friend, known here as AlaskanJames for providing the elbow grease for most of this resoration.

Edited by ArcticDave

Looks like the perfect dirt squirt for the other half to ride on, nice !! :thumbsupanim

• Like 1

WOW!! That's a head turner for sure! Hows the clutch feel now? It slipped last time I took it out pretty bad and I thought the front shocks were soft...as was the rear. Alaskan James...major props!! Maybe me and him could toss around some ideas on our "Troopers". That bike say's "Zoey"!! Now a video of her ridin' a wheelie down the street should be next!

• Like 1

Klunker if you make it over to Prescott...you can ride it! Lol

Frank, it turned out pretty good. Now just have to wait for Zoey to feel well enough to ride it.

Bucket, the clutch feels ok. The cable was gummed up, not allowing the clutch to engage fully. Soaked it for a few days and got it freed up and sliding easy. Drove it around the block several times and the bike pulls hard(for a 125) with no slipping i could feel. I tore down and cleaned the carb, pulled the reeds and inspected them. Its got a new-er front brake caliper, new rear axle bearings, new uni air filter. Lots of cleaning and a lot of paint!!! I wanted it to look special for Zoey...and I think we have accomplished that. Got a rebuilt shock from a vintage yamaha guru in Colorado coming. We did add some air to the forks, they were at 0psi we put in 8 psi. Seems about right now. Appears we might have to pull the tank back off and weld up a couple more cracks that appeared overnight, then paint it again. It's getting brittle amd we should probably get a new one, but money is tight right now. The drive sprocket seal is leaking and will need to be replaced.

All in all very satisfied with the way it turned out!

James will get some seat time on it...at least until Zoey is better.

Thanks again Bucket!!!!!!!

Edited by ArcticDave

James had the enhancing idea but I wanted it blue and uncommon. Bucket- Post a pix of your "Troupers" and your basic idea and James and I will toss it around and see what we come up with. It's the least we can do now that B. O. B. is now my blue kitty! Thank You!!!!!

Edited by Arctic Zoey

Zoey, take yer time an one of these sunny warm days this winter season you'll be squirtn dirt out from the back wheel I'm sure.
The bike looks like you can have a ball toolin around with it.

• Like 1