Nugget Shooter Forums

Jealous

Well I could not stand reading any more posts about the CTX3030 by Fred Mason and Terry Solomon and on the treasure hunting forums and I haven't had a detector since my place burned. ( 7 detectors including 2 Minelabs).

So I bit the bullet and last week got one from Bill, I haven't did anything with it yet but read the manual and watch the video's that Minelab has available, since I am still in rehab from my hip replacement ,Fred and Terry don't have to worry yet but I am coming!

It is truly amazing what people are finding with the CTX3030, especially in very trashy spots, I know of several places that are so trashy with rusty iron and burnt stuff that the only way you can find any thing is sift, Twenty Dollar gold coins have been found at both of them but there are acres that have not been touched. According to the UTube videos I have seen such areas are ideal for the CTX3030.

I have also read that the learning curve is about 100 hours to become really expert with it, the same is true about nugget hunting too isn't it?

I have about 7 hours on the manual and practice on settings, so look out guys, things take me a little longer but I get there!

Max

Max your truly like the everyready bunny man as you have taken a lickn' after lickn' and ya just keep on a tickn. Pick yourself up outta the ashes,dust yourself off and down the road a life ya go.I said it a 100 times bud-NUTTN' BUT RESPECT and tons a au 2 u 2-John :D

Thanks Guys,

At one time that's the only hunting I did was Coins and relics, in 1967 I was stationed in Mobile ,AL and lived on the site of an old mill that was fortified in the Civil war. That got me started and I never did really quit till I retired and we went Full time R/Ving and got into rocks and crystals and eventually gold.

I never realized that the old machines we had then where missing so much but Fred and Terry and others have proved that the CTX3030 is pulling out stuff that everything has missed till now. all you have to do is watch on UTube some of the finds people are making, especially in the east.

The picture is all Lobo finds except some of the gold in the vials, I have posted it before but some of the members may not have saw it, now I realize I missed lots of goodies.

Bill I hope to soon go to one of the spots that I have saw personally 10 and 20 dollar gold pieces sifted out of. ( But its a long way from here!)

Max

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t33/Gilaoro/Lobo1.jpg

Max,

Look at all those brass nuckles ... you are quite a finder.

One of these days I'll come over with my 3030 and show you what I know about a few beach and coin settings and you can tell me more about hunting relics.

There are a couple of really good YouTube 3030 videos with nails. This guy's is pretty good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaRjMW4Zawk

Mitchel

Max,

The link you posted for Photobucket is the "DIRECT" link, which will let others view the photo on Photobucket once they click on the link, if you want the photo to post on the forum so members can see it in your post you need to copy and paste the "IMG" link, I will post the photo in this reply using the "IMG" link from your Photobucket page.

Lobo1.jpg

Thanks ,

All the encouragement is great! As a matter of interest the Brass nucks survived the fire, the aluminum did not.

Skip, I have no trouble posting to the forum ,its posting on a blog that is giving me the problem. I tried again a few minutes ago and could not make it work,

its some step I am missing because I did it before and it worked fine.

Max

Hi Max, long time no see. Will have to try and get together this winter. Will be staying at Bill's again. Not sure when we are leaving, My legs are getting so bad its tough to drive long distances and can't get on my knees any more, guess thats life.later

Hey Allen,

I'll be ready even if I have to roll my walker to detect ! I am not getting over this hip as fast as I was hoping but the DRS say 6 to 8 months, but I say 5 months. I can get on my knees fine, I just can't get back up :ROFL: .

I got a couple of places in mind that we wouldn't have to drive to far and its good sandy flat ground, I hate to give up the hills to the youngsters but I'll be 78 the 29th. Age and craftiness will beat youth and enthusiasm in the end :olddude::Diggin_a_hole: .

Max

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t33/Gilaoro/Pictures%20for%20my%20stories/2dc3e833-1abc-42c1-bde8-fb58e65a6a9d.jpg