Nugget Shooter Forums

Well guys, I finally decided to get a detector. But just learning. Hopefully i'll have some coins to show in the very near future. But so far just trash. lol. But like I said, need to learn it a little more. I dug a hole about 10" today but never found the target. Kept bouncing from 25 cents to 50 cents but there was a lot of alluminum pan trash around it and the soil is very, very, dry. Will try again tomorrow with new setting since I understand it a little better. Can't dig too long because it's way too hot for my liking. But anyway I think it will do just fine for me to play with for awhile. Teknetics Delta 4000.

That's great news Rimmy!! Get out there and get some exercise, and have some fun!

That is a good machine. Keep your sensitivity around 10 for the best depth without it getting too jumpy. All the way up at 12 is usually just too high in most dry soils. I think it runs at about 7.8kHz, which makes it a silver magnet - Good Luck!

Good luck Rimshot! Enjoy yourself and don't get discouraged with the aluminum and such. Believe me, that's all I've been finding for a while now, and I'm not quitting.

Saginaw

-

Thank's guys! I'm getting the hang of it now. So far i've experimented with the notch. Notch out iron, foil, alum,and zinc. So i should get at least a nickle, dime, quarter, 50 cents, right? lol! Lets see...all i get is alum, alum, alum, and alum???? haha!!! Must be the size...haha!!!!! Sag i think you jinxed me....lol!

Keep at it Rimshot! You will find all sorts of neat stuff where you live. And a whole lot of area that just produce junk. But I bet you are going to have a ball either way.

Good luck man! I hope you find a whole bucket full of good stuff!

Edited by Bedrock Bob

Just some of my treasures...NOT ALL!

k9ei.jpg

It's kinda funny though...if i hold those pieces of aluminum up to the coil they show to be alum.

But when they are in ground they sound off as (high pitch) penny, dime, 25, and 50 cent piece. Maybe i'm missing my target??? hmmmm...i'm stumped in Texas.

Edited by Rimshot

Just some of my treasures...NOT ALL!

k9ei.jpg

It's kinda funny though...if i hold those pieces of aluminum up to the coil they show to be alum.

But when they are in ground they sound off as (high pitch) penny, dime, 25, and 50 cent piece. Maybe i'm missing my target??? hmmmm...i'm stumped in Texas.

When metal is in the ground for a while it gets materialization built up around it creating a halo effect that will most of the time mask it's real metal signature, once out of that halo it will read the correct signature.

Well guys, I finally decided to get a detector. But just learning. Hopefully i'll have some coins to show in the very near future. But so far just trash. lol. But like I said, need to learn it a little more. I dug a hole about 10" today but never found the target. Kept bouncing from 25 cents to 50 cents but there was a lot of alluminum pan trash around it and the soil is very, very, dry. Will try again tomorrow with new setting since I understand it a little better. Can't dig too long because it's way too hot for my liking. But anyway I think it will do just fine for me to play with for awhile. Teknetics Delta 4000.

Hey Rim! Congrats on your buy. Hope you like it after a while.

Do yourself a favor and invest in a pin pointer (if you don't have one). It will save a bunch of time rooting around for a target. I bought a Garret pinpointer from Bill and it's about the best tool in my detector arsenal.

Jim

Hey Rim! Congrats on your buy. Hope you like it after a while.

Do yourself a favor and invest in a pin pointer (if you don't have one). It will save a bunch of time rooting around for a target. I bought a Garret pinpointer from Bill and it's about the best tool in my detector arsenal.

Jim

X2 Good luck with your new toy :head: Mike C... :200:

Thank's guys! Hard to teach old dog new tricks...lol...But i'm learning. Today i'm going to focus on the sounds it makes. It has 4 different sounds it makes. Low, medium, high pitch, and overload (like an old 1940's phone ringing). But after reading several post there are different sounds within those 1st 3 sounds supposedly to listen for....slight variations in the sounds.The overload just let you know when you are over a large object or maybe a silver dollar just below the surface.

The ground is hard pact. So hard it kinda sounds like digging into concrete which ain't making it any easier. This property when I bought it had only had 4 people living on it and then renters living on it in the latter years since 1952. Not sure about the history of it before then. But there should be some good finds on it somewhere. I do know this, the old man that lived here never threw away anything. He believed in keeping all junk. So that can be good or bad. Not sure yet.

Skip I have decided when there are a number of items close to each other they tend to make the machine high pitch with lows and mediums mixed in. Mostly high though.

Jim I did get a PP with it but it ain't no good. You turn it on and it vibrates. You turn it some more to where it stops vibrating. Only thing is it's only good for about and inch....lol...I might get another one at a later date.

I feel sure i'll turn up something soon...oh and i'll be dang if the church next door didn't get a new buyer...but so far none have stayed very long. I think they got problems with the deed. So i'll prolly get another chance to swing it later on.

I'm finding most people like this machine and a few don't because it chatters too much...but just look at it as being overly sensitive which can be a good thing.

Later guys.

Hey Rim, do you live in town? Start asking around about old abandoned schools. Back when the US Gov. built

school houses out of rock for the Indian schools in Eastern Okla. and Texas. Check with the county recorders office for old schools. Those sites are a gold mine for old coins, if your the first there with a detector.

I'm in the boonies Don. Plenty of old places to check out all the way back to the 1800's. Right now i'm on a target that says 50 cents. But it started raining so i had to quit digging. I'm close to it, about 8 inches deep now, but the MD says at least 10". I'll show you whatever it is when i find it....lol

I'm in the boonies Don. Plenty of old places to check out all the way back to the 1800's. Right now i'm on a target that says 50 cents. But it started raining so i had to quit digging. I'm close to it, about 8 inches deep now, but the MD says at least 10". I'll show you whatever it is when i find it....lol

Waiting :Diggin_a_hole:

Well it had my hopes up, but no cigar Don...whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

But it just proved to me, it can go deeP...lol

post-26159-0-93999100-1378146797_thumb.j

post-26159-0-12995200-1378146825_thumb.j

Well it was raining but i do believe those 2 brass fittings are way more then 50 cents....so the detector was correct this time because the max on the detector is 50 cents. :idunno:

Edited by Rimshot

Hey guys. I found a big nut this morning that goes on your pipe connections under the sink. Please explain how this could sound like 50 cents. I believe it's nickle and brass if that helps any. I wish it had a notch for brass....lol

Don I wish I had listened to Bill. He said the lobo has real good discrimination. Well i'll run this battery out and if i don't find any money back it goes. sniff...

You guys are plumb bad...........lol

Every once in awhile a blind hog finds an acorn.

196? But not silver...sniff!

post-26159-0-52616200-1378303815_thumb.j

Day 8, and still only a dime to my name. The dude that own my property, I bet his butt sqeaked when he walked....lol

No glory hole yet....haha!