Nugget Shooter Forums

Rain!

Well, if I got up this early to go out detecting...I dont care if its raining or not

IM GOING!!!
:)

Wheres my coffee...
Tom H.

We are even getting some here in Havasu.

Talk about something rare !

Hell, it's more rare than Sheps steaks off the BBQ. All he does is "walk the cow past the stove".

Lovin' it !!!

Patrick .....

Going out in the rain is no problem, its when those washes are running deep water.

The Hassayampa River is running bank to bank at Wickenburg, all the bums living in the willows have moved to higher ground.

Max

Chrisski and I were going digging this morning but it was raining at 4 when I went out to put the cooler in the truck. I called Chrisski and he was already on the road so he turned around and went home. I tried to go back to bed but Lizzie had other ideas.

Well they've had a flood watch/warning here in Mohave co. yesterday an today but so far the rain hasn't made it up this far north.
We had a steady drizzle thru fri nite but have not seen what they were warning us on yet.
Artic Dave may be stopping by today on his way to Buckets house. I told him to pack a detector incase the weather is OK we can get out for a lil hunt.
I need a GOLD FIX soon as I am feeling close to normal from being down an out of it for the past week.
It is definitely humid as all hell here right now something we rarely experience.

Edited by frank c

I remember being camped at the box canyon on the Hassayampa river above Wickenburg in the 80's. A experience I will never forget. The water was above the flat area where everyone parked. We had to climb up on the steep rocky slope that led to the mine on the North side of the river. And the water was flowing thru the pillars supporting the diggings on the South side!!!

Been years, but do they still have the sign "NO FISHING FROM BRIDGE" posted on the bridge in Wickenburg?

It was a beautiful day for a hunt, the best day all summer weather-wise :yesss: Brought a black garbage bag to wrap around the GP Extreme's control box and just let the rain soak me, felt darn good :D 8.8 grams of sunshine :head: Hunted from about 5:30AM until just after noon and took advantage of the weather to hit a spot that's not easy to get to, must have dug 40 bullet. Lots of digging!

Hmm..having a hard time adding a pic...ez work around found

lsdizzle.jpg

Edited by Rod

I got a call from Arctic Dave sometime around 1pm today, and he said it was raining cats and dogs just as he was leaving the Bucket compound in Ft Mohave!!

Naw the sign is gone and it is just a walking bridge they built a new one after the last big flood almost took the bridge out....

And when they put the new bridge up they removed my sign reading "No ice fishing". It stood many years though and we laughed each time we passed it.

Adam,

That's the reason they built a new bridge across Sols Wash where it comes into the river!

Quotes from Maricopa County Flood District:

"Sept. 4: Near Wickenburg, Sols Wash grows to about 150 feet wide, Flying E Wash is full and Vulture Mine Road is closed due to flooding. Flash flooding occurs at the entrance to the White Tank Mountain Regional Park near the intersection of Olive Avenue and Citrus Road in the western part of the Phoenix area. Two occupants of a vehicle on Olive Avenue are rescued by law enforcement after they became trapped in three feet of rushing water."

"Oct. 27: The second major storm in a week causes considerable flooding in both rural and urban areas. A trailer park in Aguila and another in Buckeye are evacuated, while homes in Peoria, Youngtown, Surprise and surrounding areas are flooded. One unofficial rain gage 15 miles east of Aguila registers 8.79 inches for the month and another gage in Aguila records 5.05 inches. The Department of Transportation estimates the damage to roads and bridges alone at $1 million. Dikes and ditches in agricultural areas sustain major damage in addition to crop losses. The Federal Emergency Management Agency declares a flood emergency for Maricopa County.

"Sept. 26: An average of three to five inches of rain falls from storms caused by Hurricane Nora, leading to flash flooding in portions of northwestern Maricopa County. Two earthen dams give way in Aguila, causing widespread flooding where approximately 40 people are evacuated from the town. Water flowing down the Sols Wash is so high that the Sols Wash bridge in Wickenburg is closed for more than two hours along with other highways in the vicinity. A total of 11.97 inches of rain falls in 24 hours on Harquahala Mountain, breaking the 24-hour record set at Workman Creek during the 1970 Labor Day storm.

• Sept. 25: Widespread flooding occurs in the town of Aguila, with many properties and roads are under six inches of water.
  • Oct. 21: State Route 93 is closed north of Wickenburg due to high water. Sols Wash overflows and floods Coffinger Park as well as nearby homes. Vulture Mine Road is closed and trapped motorists are rescued. Floodwaters produce considerable damage to agriculture in northwestern Maricopa County. The roads around Aguila are closed for several hours. The governor declares a flood emergency for Maricopa County."

The one in 1997 put water waist deep in Basha's grocery store!

I started to go look at Sols Wash where it crosses Vulture mine road near my place but desisted,I am sure it flooded some.

The Hassayampa was flowing at 144,000 CFS and almost cut 60 at the bottom of the hill just W of Morristown, all the stuff along 60 on the N side was flooded, they blamed it on a build up of willows.

Max

Just north west of Yuma got pounded yesterday, not sure if it hit any gold areas though :inocent: I`ve never seen the hassayampa running like that, if I wasn't working I`d drive up and take a look ....

Edited by Gilaoro

Thanks fer postin the pic Rod. Wasn'table to get out but got my "fix" with yer post.

"Bucket",.... the kids just left my house they stopped in after pickin up at yer place. Its been rainin slow an steady up here for a few hours.
Nice lil Yahama in the bed of the truck !!!!!

It was a beautiful day for a hunt, the best day all summer weather-wise :yesss: Brought a black garbage bag to wrap around the GP Extreme's control box and just let the rain soak me, felt darn good :D 8.8 grams of sunshine :head: Hunted from about 5:30AM until just after noon and took advantage of the weather to hit a spot that's not easy to get to, must have dug 40 bullet. Lots of digging!

Hmm..having a hard time adding a pic...ez work around found

lsdizzle.jpg

Kripes!!!

Thats a nice load of gold there Rod. Congrats!!! :)

Those shooters can sure make for and interesting day :(

We were out today...got the skunk...oh well.

GL to ya.

Tom H.

We traveled over, what felt like, half the state today. From Chino Valley to the Bucket compound in Ft Mohave... and everywhere in between it was raining. Ft. Mohave had rivers running in the streets!!!

Stupid question...why is it Mohave on one side of the river...and Mojave on the other?!?

Frank C. and Terri thanks for the coffee and good company...have to do it again soon.

Edited by ArcticDave