Nugget Shooter Forums

Opinions Please

klunker

Well I'll tell you, when I had nuggets, they we not run of the mill placer nuggets, they were crystalline, and I got almost twice spot for them, collectors, will pay to have that kind of stuff, because it is rare, Grubstake

A crystalline nugget may be worth twice spot at $300 per ounce but it is definitely nit worth twice spot at $1400.

Going over $1400 Is irrelevant. It is the dollar gain between purchase and sale price that matters. Making $500 per ounce profit is the same no.matter where it stareted or what spot was when you sold it.

People just stopped buying and investing in gold when it reached near $2K. And there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE in buying and selling physical gold as opposed to gold stocks. The spot price reflects the price for gold stocks and is NOT THE DAILY VALUE OF PLACER GOLD. That is comparing apples to oranges.

Also, what one man does or pays can have zero connection with the market price. And the market price has absolutely nothing to do with one ma.s desire to buy placer.

Now that the price has dropped and is gping up again expect folks to buy some gold. Every investment flourishes best as prices go up and down but trend up on the long term. It beats the profits earned on a steady rise. So investors and users of physical gold are in a good time to buy.

Big nuggets used to command a high price to some people. But that does not really mean there is a market for big nuggets. It just means one guy sold his gold at better than spot. Nuggets are like a rare car or John Lennon's molars... Sure there may be buyers out there that will pay too much for them. But that does not have any bearing on the value of a 74 Ford Pinto or the worth of your old baby teeth.

I don't think gold will get as high as it did this spring ever.

Yikes Bob! How did you know I once had a 74 Pinto? Not a bad car really. Some day soon I believe the paper gold price and physical gold price will disconnect. Too much funny stuff happening on the paper side

I would guess that if gold goes to $2000 that that money would buy about what $1350 buys now.

A crystalline nugget may be worth twice spot at $300 per ounce but it is definitely nit worth twice spot at $1400.

Going over $1400 Is irrelevant. It is the dollar gain between purchase and sale price that matters. Making $500 per ounce profit is the same no.matter where it stareted or what spot was when you sold it.

People just stopped buying and investing in gold when it reached near $2K. And there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE in buying and selling physical gold as opposed to gold stocks. The spot price reflects the price for gold stocks and is NOT THE DAILY VALUE OF PLACER GOLD. That is comparing apples to oranges.

Also, what one man does or pays can have zero connection with the market price. And the market price has absolutely nothing to do with one ma.s desire to buy placer.

Now that the price has dropped and is gping up again expect folks to buy some gold. Every investment flourishes best as prices go up and down but trend up on the long term. It beats the profits earned on a steady rise. So investors and users of physical gold are in a good time to buy.

Big nuggets used to command a high price to some people. But that does not really mean there is a market for big nuggets. It just means one guy sold his gold at better than spot. Nuggets are like a rare car or John Lennon's molars... Sure there may be buyers out there that will pay too much for them. But that does not have any bearing on the value of a 74 Ford Pinto or the worth of your old baby teeth.

I don't think gold will get as high as it did this spring ever.

There ya go folks. Words to live by. :brows::D

• Like 1

I sold a 7 DWT. nugget for $900.00 when gold was $350.00, and my uncle sold his 5 oz nugget for $7000.00 when gold was $450.00, I'd say Crystaline gold goe's for quite a bit more to collectors, Grubstake

• Like 1

Not mine Dave, I have ace's and Eights, dead mans hand!, Life is NOT! a box of chocolats! Its like putting your hand in a toilet, its going to get crap on it no matter what you do! Ha! Ha! Grubstake

Talked to one of my gold buyers today ... I have hickeys !!!! Be holding on for a while ... And the species' seem to be riding the float up too ... wahoo ... Cheers, Unc

• Like 1

Specimen gold insitu or righteous crystals have,and will,always demand a premium. BUT with the dredge ban in kalif, a major producer on inlay placer nuggets, jewelers are paying WAY over spot for decent nuggets in kalif. to try and keep pace with demand for nugget jewelry. These insipid gold shows have definately increased demand for nugget jewelry and try to wear that rough sharp crusty crystaline nugget on your chest and see how long that lasts :4chsmu1: Nice sized decent lookn' 2 dwt up nuggets always rocks in the gold market for jewelers. Put 4 kids through college with them as I sell what,when,where and at what price I care to and NOT what many others can afford to do. John

So who will pay 2X spot today for crystalline gold nuggets above 1/2 oz.? I have a few that I would definitely sell at $2800 per ounce.

If there is an active collectors market for this type of gold I certainly have not foumd it. Some individuals did pay more for big nuggets back when but not so much now. At least that has been my experie.ce in the past year. I have been very satisfied with selling my fine gold and nuggets but the hard rock pieces seem to be an oddity that very few buyers are interested in if they must pay more than spot.

Edited by Bedrock Bob

Crystal gold like this will always command a very high price, as much as 4X spot. And this historical nugget 30 times spot. Rare gold is just that and will always command a high price.

............ this is amazing pcs of gold just spectacular Edited by H-2 Charlie

There is a person on this forum, as a matter of fact on this thread that has a nugget that when put up for sale, is going to easily command way more than spot. Maybe not 4X but way more nevertheless There is another person on the forum that found an incredibly rare crystal chunk of gold and was told by a leading authority he will be able to ask just about any price he wants. So, yes the size and rarity will always command a price in the sellers favor.

Here is another that commands big bucks, not very big but very rare

post-1252-0-21049700-1377205589_thumb.jp