Nugget Shooter Forums

Payson crystals

Went up to DP today and had some good luck....found one that filled up my palm!! and one really glass clear one. Found lots of others, but not as many as before. The real big one I found actually has another crystal within the wall of it. Ill try to get pictures up. Lots of people up there today...almost digging time!!!

The bigger crystal is really scratched up, so it will be a yard crystal, or just sit on my shelf with the other ones, but the clear one will be wire wrapped into a necklace and given away. I have quite a few really clear ones wire wrapped and ready to go to new homes.

it's a bit hard to see the other crystal within the bigger one, but this was the best photo of it out of the group

post-26872-0-64015500-1379861823_thumb.j

post-26872-0-00800300-1379861886_thumb.j

here are a couple more, one is the broken back side of the crystal, you can clearly see the other crystal within it. My husband wanted to break it out of the bigger one!! he is fascinated at how these things come out of the ground so clear and faceted....his scientist mind is trying to figure out the formula for making these beautiful things....of course he always wonders how much something like that is worth too...I tell him they are MINE....not to be sold, but to sit in the yard or shelf, or given away as gifts.

post-26872-0-85543300-1379862280_thumb.j

post-26872-0-59709300-1379862333_thumb.j

I didn't get all sweaty...just really dusty, and full of bug bites!! the mosquitos were awful yesterday, and I have come home several times with chigger bites...chiggers are awful little things. I keep meaning to check out the upper upper portion of the pyeatte draw...I read somewhere the same crystals can be found there.

They get pretty big up there . The large ones being much more rare, however they are also not usually very clear. Keep your eyes peeled for the elusive amethystine crystals. You will have a real treat then .....

• 2 weeks later...

Went up today.... First we stopped at a place off pyeatte draw road and found several just laying on the road....wasn't sure where I would have dug for them, so we just picked them up off the road. Continued on to DP and found a few more, but not as many as pyeatte....I swear...there were 20 cars along the road at the digging area....and they all dig in the same spot..lol. We also found a huge horned toad....must have been 4 inches in length....and very friendly.

The ground is so hard now at DP that it's a chore just to get the crystals....so surface crystals are much better....the older I get, the more my back hurts. We also saw a bunch of hard core jeep people rock crawling in the wash too.....interesting, but not my thing....I have plenty of AZ pin striping just from the trees....I can just imagine tipping over on those rocks......I'll just watch.

Hi everyone! My name is Jody, my boyfriend and I have just recently discovered Diamond Point, and what a treasure we found! I am so excited to have found a conversation on these beautiful finds! I would love to join your discussion, I have many questions! =) I just went up yesterday and got some good ones, not as many as far as quantity, but the quality is much better than the first 2 times I went, which were within a month ago! Needless to say... I'm hooked! I have no interest in selling these, I am more interested in their energy properties and obvious beauty and wonder they hold. I've definitely done my research on the Payson 'Diamond' and I'm very excited about my collection. I have many other crystals and gemstones with strong vibrations, but none of them hold a candle to these quartz. They are very special, and I am starting to get the feeling only those who are true and kind and respect this magic, are the lucky ones who find the good ones! I have gone 3 different times with 3 different people, and its funny how the people who are more fascinated and appreciate them come across the larger clearer stones, and the ones on the mission for the biggest stone get jipped! The photos you all have posted are gorgeous! If I can figure out how to post photos on here I'll put up one of my favorites! Also, I'm curious to learn more about digging for the crystals.. I found mine only from walking the forest grounds. I've pulled some beauties out just laying perfect, like they have been sitting there all along waiting for me to come find it and take it home =) What a magical feeling!

Sara-

What a great opportunity to have met such a gentleman! That must have been quite a treat! What a great story! I completely agree about the boy... everything happens for a reason, you were meant to find that boy and good will come to you for helping =) Thank you for sharing!

These are my favorites =) Their shape, color, clarity and size are all so unique.I love when the citrine runs through, and I can't wait to find an amethyst! The tiiiny little perfectly clear ones have stolen my heart! I'm contemplating finding a jeweler that can cut some to place in maybe a set of earrings, or charm bracelet?? Any tips where to find an amethyst?? I've personally wandered off the beaten path and away from the heavy traffic areas... not a big fan of crowds, so a nice hike would be preferred if necessary =)

post-26940-0-56895000-1381268490_thumb.j

I have gotten some decent amethyst from the woodpecker mine and from the Ajax mine... You need 4wd for both. I have a big pile of crystals in my backyard for decoration.... They are all the ones that are not so clear. I was going to see if I get any better at wire wrapping and open an Etsy store and donate all the money to the Maricopa animal shelter, but I'll see if I get better at my wrapping first. I was at the pyeatt draw this last weekend and found a lot of crystals there too, so DP is not the only place they are found.... I like being by myself too, and don't like crowds, so I go away from that main area of the digging as we'll.

Thanks Sara, Adam those are beautiful! I love the store idea =) We've stopped off at the mine in Wickenburg but it was late and dark so we weren't able to look around. We're gonna try it again this weekend. I'll have to do some research and check out Ajax soon

Jody, just make sure you have high clearance 4wd when going to Ajax, or Woodpecker.......A jeep would be ideal, but the higher clearance on the vehicle the better.... I learned my lesson the hard way......lol!! Just because it's 4wd, doesn't mean it will make it...thankfully my husbands buddy was with me and we got unstuck......that's another thing...don't even go alone....anywhere!!! I used o go to old mines on my own until my husband found out and put the kibosh on any of that....I now only go with friends and family just to be safe.

Archived