Nugget Shooter Forums

Question's...

Rimshot

Fisher makes a Gold Bug and a Gold Bug Pro.

They look like the same detector but different.

The Gold Bug Pro has 2nd and 3rd order discrimination ground suppression
· Inclusive ferrite to salt ground balance range and the Gold Bug don't have that option.

Do i really need that stuff in East Texas?

Do i really need that stuff in Arizona?

TIA! Just curious.

Rim

Edited by Rimshot

Well i guess i'll have to ask my questions on another board. No help here. sniff.....haha!!!!

Edited by Rimshot

Rim, take it easy sometimes it takes awhile for the "right" people to see the post and comment.
And also you have to take into consideration these models you are reffering to are relatively "new" on the market and in the publics hands.
It takes some beyond average know how to answer your questions.
Bear with it and hang in there.
aND ALSO YOU CAN EXPLORE SOME OF THE "FISHER" forums that are available for specific answers to Fisher products if yer in a hurry.
So,....mix de lime in de coconut an drink it all up,....U feel better. Patience my friend :4chsmu1:

Rimshot

We have both,either will work just fine for Arizona or Texas.

The Gold Bug 11 is more sensitive ,and a little harder to run on real hot ground,

as in a little noisy. But with some practice it is a killer. The Gold Bug Pro is a little

more of a turn on and go machine,but has some features that come in handy too.

Either one will get the job done,but if you have both ,they make a great team.

With the Texas gold that I have seen,you would do just as well to get a Radio Shack

detector,and cover the coil with mercury! :ROFL:

OK Frank, i'll try to have more patience...i been in a hurry all day....have to slow down i guess......ahhhh...

Bill, I ain't forgot about you ole buddy...but I like the 19 kHz...whats that supertrac run at??

Thanks Sawmill! That's the answer I was lookin for....Hey that's a nifty idea..i can have my old hubcap plated silver then add some mercury and drag it behind my car,,,,haha!!!

Edited by Rimshot

You are going to need something mighty sensitive for those Texas nuggets. They are about as rare as hens teeth. Get you a machine you can shoot coins and stuff with too.

I treasure hunt with a gold machine but it is slow and tedious. There are a few good machines that are almost as good on nuggets as aGB but a lot better treasure detectors.

Bob,

I'm thinking light weight. Arizona nuggets and Texas coins. That's what i'm thinking.

Oh, and there's an old chuch built in 1940 right next to my property that just became vacant and that's why i'm in a hurry.

Edited by Rimshot

The Tesoros are pretty cool all around machines. They aren't big either

I put the control box on all my machines in a camera bag and sling it over my shoulder. The coil and pole are about the same weight on all of them. It keeps you from getting things scratched and dirty. And when digging targets you can just throw it down...the electronics are safe in the bag. It works GREAT like that. Especially with a heavy sucker like Minelab.

I bet that Lobo in a nice little camo pouch would last forever and be a gret gold machine. I bet Bill could tell you about DISC and such for other stuff.

The GB is NOT a coin shooter! It would be way down my list as a versatile machine.

Just my two cents.

Years ago I had a Garett Scorpion. That sucker was worthless to find gold. But the discrimination was amazing. I could lay a penny on a bed of nails and get a nice crisp signal at 6".

Every time I find myself digging with the GB2 I wish I still had it. I could find so much more good stuff with it just because it could ignore tiny junk.

I don't know what is worse...a bunch of noisy bedrock or a bunch of wire brush hairs and skeet shot. The point is that there is some great technology available that will really make life easier coin shooting and it is available on a lot of good gold detectors nowdays. I can't speak about the GB PRO but I would rather urinate on a high voltage wire as spend a day in rusty trash with a GB2.

Keep in mind that a GB 2 runs at a much higher frequency Bob. The PRO only runs at 19kHz.

I've ran them both in the same ground and I prefer my GB2 . Friends ran with all the coils for a comparison -their 2 machines and me my GB2. Don't like all the noise ,chatter but might just be my many years of experience swingn' my GB2. Detectors are like women,one mans pleasure yet anothers chattery Kathy :brows: I have access to 6 but without spending a cent but nope-John

Well Rim sorry if I threw ya off, readin yer post I thought you were lookin for a "gold specific" VLF in the Fisher line up.
But when ya start talkin about discrimination that's another story in the mix. Good Luck an remember shoppin (investigating the details) about yer detector purchase is ALMOST half the fun of getting that new machine.

Bill,

Have you played with a GB Pro any? If you have, and seem to think the LOBO Super Traq is miles ahead, then the LOBO is the way i'll go. But I sure do like a display that has values, well if it works right....hehe!

Get yourself a fuel gauge from an old Chevy and duct tape it to the top of your detector. Viola! A display!

Take a colored marker and make yourself a scale from one to ten on the face of the gauge. Viola! Values!

Now, when the machine beeps note the position of the needle on the gas guage. It should read "empty". Your display has been calibrated and is ready to detect. Smear a little mercury on the coil and you are good to go.

When you hear a signal note the position of the needle on the gauge. If it reads "empty" then you need to dig the target. It is as simple as that. If the gauge reads less than a half tank you need to to top off your 4WD Smart Car. If it reads more than 3/4 you will need to siphon off the excess and save it in an approved containerfor later. But no matter what the display reads you should dig the target.

Edited by Bedrock Bob

Rim seriously now the only way I could see someone wanting a readout or screen on a gold detector is if they are concerned with finding or tracing/following black sand concentrations in washes.
I say that because if a person relies strictly on discrimination readouts to qualify if a target is worth "digging" he or she will SURELY pass over some worthy targets in the process. Sure as the lord made lil green apples.
The Whites GMT is excellent for reading black sands and mineralized ground areas . I am not familiar enough with the new digital readout GB's to comment on their capabilities on this. Ray Mills would be a good one to tell about that possible feature on the new GB PRO. hE HAS PUT IN MANY HOURS ON ONE
I have owned one of the new GB Pros but did not feel compelled enough with it to keep it and use it for gold, at this point in my lifestyle I prefer a Whites GMT and the Gold Bug 2 for small gold hunting. OR should I say TINY gold hunting. And both are excellent at meteorite hunting also but I prefer the GMT. And if I wanted to read the concentration patterns of black sands in an area for drywashing the GMT is designed to do that on the screen.
Have you tried searching the net for "reviews" on these models you are interested in ?? Lots of info there also. Lost Treasure is a good site to search reviews and there are other sites also.
Sorry about thescrewed up print gettn used to a new puter keyboard.

Edited by frank c

Frank,

I sure hope Ray comments on how much of this gold he found with the GB Pro. Unreal... :D But thank's for trying to help.

http://www.nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=25146