Nugget Shooter Forums

What do you guys think?....

Caliche Chris

I've been trying to find a good off road vehicle. Been looking at cheap quads and dirt bikes. I really wanted that honda ct90, but have been looking at some more lately. Now ive Got my sights set on a honda sl125, it's a 72 with 2900 miles on it. New tires, bearings, brakes, and clean carb and gas tank. For 450$. What do you guys think? Anyone familiar with this bike? I know a quad is my best bet, but I am on a serious budget and I haven't been able to find anything in my price range that isn't a Chinese piece of junk.

Chris,

Sounds like the previous owner put a little money into it. Those were good bikes back in their day. Very reliable. Suspension was not however that fantastic. Without seeing the bike I can only say the obvious. I probably would pass on it, but not knowing what else is around in your area...it might be the best deal around. I got my 86 TT350 for $500 bucks, but I've a couple hundred more into it, so I could rely on it in the backcountry. If your set on it, try talking them down to at least $400.00. It will get you where you want go, butt :brows: it really boils down to your tolerance for a sore a$$. :evil1:

Edited by ArcticDave

Cool thanks for the advice fellas. I'm still undecided....going to go look at it later this week. Yea, if I go to see it, I'm only bringing 400$ with me. Ha, well everything else is usually pretty sore after digging so my ass has probably been feeling left out. maybe this bike will even things out. Here's a few pics of it.

post-26514-0-78592300-1376333347_thumb.jpost-26514-0-92978800-1376333362_thumb.jpost-26514-0-85796500-1376333376_thumb.j

Do a google search for parts and see if they are still available for older bikes.

Hope it works out for ya.
Tom H.

• Like 1

Make sure it has a title because if your on blm land you need an ohv plate which requires a title to get it....... some try to tell you they will give you a bill of sale and it's easy from there...... It's not easy and i spoke with the manager of motor vehicles and he recommended to stay away from it and all that put up a bond stuff doesn't always work. I go out table mesa rd and there's rangers out there all the time. You will even get the story that they didn't have titles back then............wrong!

I've been trying to find a honda ct trail 70 but with a title it's way out of my price range.

That bike your looking at sure looks clean and i like that style over the newer ones

Edited by Joe Z

Joe Z makes a good point. Here in Arizona the title is a big deal. In Alaska OHV's have no registration and no title. BLM requires no registration there either. I think that is a state level requirement and varies from state to state. What the requirements for NM are, you would know better than I, but if registration is required...don't buy it without a title. It will cost more than the bike is worth. :m2c:

If it has a Title $400 is a nice deal....most will say it's no problem but then why haven't they done it to make it easier to sell..... The way i got the story from motor vehicles you have to find the last owner it was titled to and go from there.

Edited by Joe Z

Keep your fingers crossed as it could be Legit......try to contact the seller and get ready to move fast if legit. I would grab that in a second as i like that style and honda parts are easy to come by

If you have to end up doin the title search and getting others to sign off. WHEW could be a 400dollar nightmare and you end up with a bike with no plates and 400 poorer
save up another 400 an git an ol quad in nice shape. you can take yer toothbrush with you on the dirtsquirt but thats it
With an ol quad you can have plenty of room to bring stuff. :4chsmu1: