Nugget Shooter Forums

Another big fire on the divide

Containment always goes down and acreage always goes up when they do the electronic survey. It says that in the daily report and attributes this to technology and not fire growth.

So your huge inferno is still a very small fire by any means and is being extinguished rapidly.

Take a look at the fires burning in the west today. The American fire is small, threatens very fee people and property and has never been much of a growing concern for anyone.

The posturing, posing and grand theatrics you have presented has been a lot more dramatic than the fire. But you are all excited about it so that is gropvy. I do think it is a bit overblown but then so is any post you make.

Take a look on Inciweb and see where that fire stands with other fires in the west. Even after it had run its course it is smaller than a big fire gets on the first day. It is a fraction the size of a big fire on its first day.

Calm down! Those firefighters ate protecting you! It is a tiny fire moving awsy and dying out. You can focus your attention on some other perceived threat and obsess on that for a while.

Geeeez already!!!!

Edited by Bedrock Bob
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The posturing, posing and grand theatrics you have presented has been a lot more dramatic than the fire. But you are all excited about it so that is gropvy. I do think it is a bit overblown but then so is any post you make.

Take a look on Inciweb and see where that fire stands with other fires in the west. Even after it had run its course it is smaller than a big fire gets on the first day. It is a fraction the size of a big fire on its first

Geeeez already!!!!

If this bothers you so much, simple you can just ignore it. Tell the 1800 firefighters its a puny little fire. Containment goes down when the fire increase in size. They have been using electronic means on this fire since day one. Actually they use satellite data to make these determinations. Posturing, grandstanding. Maybe for you, but I have only new reporting facts. Yes there are bigger and much more threatening fires out west, but they are not in my backyard. There are many members of this forum that live within a close radius and are effected even if only by the smoke Yes in inciweb is but one of my resources, but not always up to the minute. Contrary to what your know it all attitude thinks the fire is still dangerous and growing as I type.

So I make a simple request. Just ignore this thread since it disturbs you so much

Edited by El Dorado

Oh O.K.

Seems like I am bothering you a lot more than your little squaw fire on that ridge in Cali bothers me though. Hardly a weenie roast but I guess weenies are in demand out there in California.

Click on the "acres" header on inciweb and sort the fires by size. That will give you an idea of where Nuggetshooter members are breathing smoke!

I will leave you to your dramatization of your little campfire. When you tire of reporting on every burning log that rolls down the slope we will have some smores ready for you.

Edited by Bedrock Bob

Bob,

All wildfires are serious business imo no matter how small.

Bob,

All wildfires are serious business imo no matter how small.

You are right again Rimshot. And I suppose I should get goose bumps all over about that little fire. I just don't have it in me after watching a million acres burn out my back door the last couple of years.

My bad.

Just remember Bob, all fires start off small. That's my point. If the conditions are right, it can get out of hand real quick.

OOPS

Edited by El Dorado

Hey Bob! I'm baaaaack. I hope all is well with you. The little American fire is not to be taken lightly. The fire last year on the Plumas forest in Ca. was taken lightly for about a week by fighting it politically instead of rationally. 80,000+ acres and numerous stands of irreplaceable old growth timber and wildlife habitat got severely toasted. It had just entered a residential area when the winds stopped and the humidity increased. In regards to the American fire, a drop in humidity or a change in wind direction or wind velocity could put this fire in peoples back yards over night. Including El Ds. With fire suppression resources being stretched thinner by the day if I were El D I would be wary of this fire night and day.

Just 2cents worth from a prospector who has worked on several hundred wild land fires

Hundreds of fires you have worked???

In the spirit of fun lets do the math...

Firefighting is a young man's job. Even the old Jacks wear out pretty quick. A long career is 25 years and an insane fire season takes a guy to two or three fires. Even if you were a professional that saw full service over the course of your career 60-75 fires under your belt is really seasoned.

Heck, a biologist has a tough time working a hundred BSER's in a lifetime.

Were you in some sort of role that took you to more fires than a hotshot??

Yes, I know situations are not O.K. It has nothing to do with the American fire. I posted about the Los Conchas fire last year and El D crashed the thread with insults. After four or five posts it wound up with the hopes that the fire took Jane Fonda's home. He also said someone ought to start one upwind from her.

Imagine if I wished another fire to start in the area of the American!

Anyhoo, that is why I am raking him over the coals. It is about his behavior when I posted on a real KILLER FIRE and his railroading my post completely.

I know fire pretty well after 50 years in the rockies. I sure do not wish anyone harm. Just giving El D his due for his hateful past behavior. Nothing more.

Hey! El D! Did you tell Commandder Rocky Biceps how you publicly threatened to start a forest fire in SFNF while the Los Conchas raged? I am sure he would get a kick out of that!

And your response when I informed you I had sent a screen print of your post to the USFS in Albuquerque??? "Let them waste their resources investigating me!" What a guy!

Hey, I bet that thread is still in the old posts. We should link to that! I know it will make you proud. I will search back and find it!

Edited by Bedrock Bob

Well I'm not to sure how to take the implications here. A stretcher of the truth? A story teller? Do I dare think lire? you tell me.

State of Calif. Division of Forestry for 9 years. sometimes a few fires a month, sometimes a few fires a week and sometimes several a day. You do the math.The season started in about April in the Sacramento valley and ended sometimes in January in Orange and Riverside county. And yes it's a young persons job-Which I once was.

Verification approved. You are cleared for posting and your I.D. card is in the mail.

Yeah, day to day blazes it would be easy to work hundreds over a career. I suppose I was counting big fires that got out of control and not the everyday stuff. I do stand corrected and acknowledge your experiience.

Stretcher of the truth?? Probably, but we will save the verification of that one for later.

Edited by Bedrock Bob

I said I was going to quit walking on your thread ElD and I got caught up with Klunker. I apologize and will allow you to continue with your detailed accounts of the little bitty fondue pot of a fire that has you so nervous.

You have been a good sport about it and I have been an intollerable a$$. You have really earned my respect in this thread even though I have shown you very little. I hope the burn exposes a nugget for you as big as your head.

Thanks for the slack. all miners need a wee bit of stretch. Had a beer on the deck this PM with my lady. I opened it and said here's to Bedrock Bob! She ask "Who's Bedrock Bob?" I told her I didn"t know.

But I'm slowly finding out.

That is one nasty fire down there. I hope her home stays safe. 63,000 un contained acres with 2500 homes threatened. Went to 105,000 acres this morning

Edited by El Dorado

Our little fondue pot heater has grown to over 20,000 acres and 66% containment. The best news is the SW part of the fire is contained. That is the part of the fire that was threatening the Historic town of Michigan Bluff.......

http://yubanet.com/nevada/American.php

Don't know exactly where in Calif. but my hunting partner who is a local firefighter in my home town here in Az. was packing up today and getting sent to Calif. to help fight fires. There must be quite a bit of help needed over there.

My son's hunting buddy headed out to the Rim fire last night. I believe that one is going to be nasty.

The fuel is different in those mountains over there. The fires are touvh to put out. In tbe Rockies fires sweep through miles of pinon and juniper and then higher there are almost no hardwood. The country out in Cali is some fantastic place with all that big timber and lush growth. Fires are probably a lot harder to extinguish and get a handle on.

...not to mention the huge difference in population. A whole lot of folks live in a whole lot of little towns out therr. In the Rockies most big fires are so far away from people it is a whole different ball game.

I hope he packed his fondue supplies

They have got our little campfire 78% contained now and have been really beefing the rest of the containment lines with everything they can throw at it. Resources are being released and there are 1429 firefighters now. I saw a couple of dozers leaving yesterday. Hope they really get this thing over so more firefighters can go to the rim fire. That is a monster fire........

Once again the forests are paying the price for FS policies and mismanagement...the woods are full of dead wood, slash and overgrowth-all because the FS mis-managers were/are so much wiser than the "natives" that managed their woods for thousands of years...

And now the woods are full of homes that cannot be protected from the resulting infernos...

fred

:idunno: Manage???? :tisk-tisk: manage?? :nutty: we don't stinkn' manage :2mo5pow: we just let it all grow unencumbered by fire and smokey the bear killed the forests :yesss: yahoo a scapegoat for mismanagement--John :4chsmu1:

:idunno: Manage???? :tisk-tisk: manage?? :nutty: we don't stinkn' manage :2mo5pow: we just let it all grow unencumbered by fire and smokey the bear killed the forests :yesss: yahoo a scapegoat for mismanagement--John :4chsmu1:

Ya John, Smokey the bear and his band of Pis-fir Willys. :brows:

Funny how these gubmint agencies think they can manage Ma nature...........

Our local fire is getting contained ata good rate now, being up to 83% with 26,6xx acres scorched.