Nugget Shooter Forums

COTTON MOUTH v RATTLE SNAKE

Don,

Pretty cool, but find one with equal size snakes the next time...lol!!! I think the rattler froze cause he wasn't as big.

Rim

Here in the South West all Vipers have a Diamond or Triangle shape head. Them Rascals look like a None Venous Type to me. If they have a Blunt Tail, I would stay away. Most Venous Snakes have the Thing. Boy, I would would be Screwed back East. Lived in Florida, Ohio, and Mississippi for a while. Guise I'm lucky I never came across any.

Edited by homefire

I grew up in Florida and we feared the Eastern Diamondback but were afraid of a Cottonmouth.

If you were in a boat up a creek a Cottonmouth could drop in on you and if you were in the water they would come after you just about as often as they would flee.

If you make noise hunting a Diamondback will try to get out of your way but how do you hunt making noise?

Mitchel

Ever been in the water with a big ball of water mocassins in a mating frenzy. NOT fun in Louisiana in 66 as no matter how hot/humid/horrible Baton Rogue got I NEVER went back in the water again. Snapping turtles,crocidiles and half a dozen kinds a vipers,ya'all can have that god forgotten swamp-John

Hoser John,

You remind me of the snappers. One day we shot a mocassin by the dock and within 30 minutes there was a big snapper there eating it. It took the turtle about an hour but he got the whole thing.

Mitchel