Nugget Shooter Forums

Had to get out

lon

I don’t post much but it’s sure slow around here so let’s give it a try. We were able to get out for a short hunt sat :D . Mike and I. We hit an old patch that has been hammered to death. A few hours into it I dug my first target. After digging a few inches I was sure it’s a nug :thumbsupanim . Down about a foot out popped a 1.8 gram :ROFL: . We had walked over this nugget a few times in the past and not a whisper :grr01: . For some reason I used the stock 11in mono coil just to switch things up. Well it paid off in that old patch. Ran into Mike later he already found 2 .Well it’s all about the dollar. His were a little smaller than mine lol. So he got his butt in a twist :old: . Ran off and found two more little ones. Well I did get one of my dollars back that day :yesss: . The moral of the story is gold is still out there even in well hammered spots.
Take care
Lon

post-15198-0-67111300-1375740608_thumb.j

• Like 1

Great job guys.

It's still a bit too hot over here for me. 95 degree's at daylight.

Thanks for the pic and story. It's always fun to see who wins that ALL IMPORTANT DOLLAR....

Patrick .....

Hi Lon all I have to say is you deserved it NOW YOUR ONLY DOWN $32.00-thats a milestone for you good going- :head: Buttttttttt as you know I managed to beep out 4 dinks thats 4 TIMES the fun you had and my wieght totaled 1.4 grams-thats only .4 lower than your one-can you say ONE :4chsmu1: I still dont know what Butt in a pinch meens :nutty: -maybe one of the 2 experts on butt pinching will ring in and enlighten me-I guess Im not OLD enough yet-NOT :old: Hey Lon maybe you should take your wifes advise and either take up sewing or take some lessons in photoshop-your pic looks blury-the only lessons youve got from me is the art of getting your butt kicked -hey maybe the butt pincher twins will help you out :ROFL: -Well as Lon said we hardly ever post our gold but since its slow- here you go :head: Mike C... :200: PS-Nice nugget Lon :thumbsupanim

post-214-0-98534500-1375749461_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike C...

Hey Lon:
Way to go! Glad you were able to brave the heat and find some gold. :) A nice fat guy at that. (fat is good when it comes to gold)
Especially in a hammered out patch. Been there done that....and I was the one that I thought hammered it!

GL to you in the future. Look foward to meeting up with you again at one of the outings.
Tom H.

Great nuglets Mikey. Thanks for the pic. Got my gold fix at 3:30 AM today an I'm goin to load up an git out this morn. 30% CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS today.
I don't want to be hearin lightin spikes but I'll trade it off for a gullywasher here.
Hope I got a post to make later.

Good job you guys and I know that patch well and it just amazes me that it keeps giving up the nuggets. Seems a feller can make 3 trips and get skunked then go back again to the same ground and bingo! Nice gold and thanks for sharing...

I can understand the importance of THE DOLLAR.

Years ago when I fished in bass tournaments, two other guys and I had a standing bet.

Things got so bad for me the everyone started calling me "Pay Check"

Patrick .....