Nugget Shooter Forums

Nice Score!

grubstake

Well my neighbor was going to clean up his shop, and had this Tote Goat, he was going to scrap, Its complete, but needs a new motor and tires, He just gave it to me for FREE! Can't beat the price. and I'm going to fix it up, who knows, it might get me back in the field again. Grubstake

post-291-0-35968500-1375735018_thumb.jpg

post-291-0-84701800-1375735032_thumb.jpg

post-291-0-79082600-1375735058_thumb.jpg

post-291-0-92126500-1375735071_thumb.jpg

Ya ... Really ... Why just last week I found one and had to put it back cause I knew you'd be back out there looking for it! LOL Just get the dang bike fixed and get out there would ya!?! :thumbsupanim:old:

Briggs is fine just not the life of a Honda A Tocumshit is good if you like walking or need a boat anchor Let see my riding mower was 400CC and putting out 12.5 HP My Yamaha VSTAR 250CC will haul me and wife down the road at 70 MPH with no problem I can just see that Gote smokin that back tire when he cracks that throttle open :4chsmu1:

Well, I'm just thinking, more torque, not speed, and since the trorque convert has a 1 inch shaft, almost all the briggs, I've looked at have a5/8 shaft, , I think, maybe this Briggs that's on it, was special one for just the Tote Goats, Anyway, all the jack shats and everything is in really good condition, even the chains don't show any wear. Grubstake

I've been looking, and it seems, most of these were RED, so this must have been a forest service bike.

Here's a little history from Wikipedia on the Tote Goat, it seems red and yellow were the commons colors along with green which was for the Forest Service, a version called the Nova was painted aquamarine.

Also listed are model numbers which will tell you which model you have along with HP and some other possible info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tote_gote

If you can't find the model number here's a webpage that has diagrams of the frames that will let you identify which model you have.

http://users.infoconex.com/~ramrod/frames.htm

Home webpage for the above page.

http://users.infoconex.com/~ramrod/tgland.htm

Well, I'm just thinking, more torque, not speed, and since the trorque convert has a 1 inch shaft, almost all the briggs, I've looked at have a5/8 shaft, , I think, maybe this Briggs that's on it, was special one for just the Tote Goats, Anyway, all the jack shats and everything is in really good condition, even the chains don't show any wear. Grubstake

I've been looking, and it seems, most of these were RED, so this must have been a forest service bike.

Is that torque converter screwed on or keyed with a set screw ? I dont recall a 1" shaft on smaller briggs 5HP Wisconsins have a 1" shaft, now theres another dependable engine If you have to you could always have a 1"-5/8"" bushing machined out. As I recall the tote-gote was a rather spendy machine when they 1st came out, Rather interesting info that Au-Seeker posted

Here's a link to some history and info about Tote Goats.

J.W. Black the original builder was alive and well in Yuma, AZ in about 02.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/11389-tote-goat-monster-2.html

The one they show is bright yellow, if you can find a copy of Earle Stanley Gardner's books about prospecting in Baja you will see pictures of the originals.

Max

Correction to my previous post! The pic It showed in the article is a PAK-JAK. you can see all the copy cats on the page "Tote goat land."

There where dozens of manufacturer's in the '50s & '60s but the original Pak-Jak had the big back tire.

I had a "ROKON" for a short time , I think I will look for a Pak-Jak.

Cool machine at any rate and a real find if its the original model, congrats!

Max

Thanks Max, Yes it is original, its a Tote Goat Brand Model B I think from the website on Tote Goats, Right now it has the old briggs 5 hp on it, but it has a 1 inch shaft, I'm going to take it apart and have the fram sand blasted clean, and grease all the bearings, and put new chains where needed, the sprocket look like they are not worn at all, has Three tote Goat metal labels on it. even the seat is in great shape, it has been in a storage shed for more than 30 years. I think its a 1964 model, or earlier. And to think it was going in for scrap metal. I'm luck, I feed there cat for them while they go on Vacation. I do that just because they are my neighbors, but I'm thankful they gave me the Tote Goat. Grubstake

Edited by grubstake