Nugget Shooter Forums

Fishermen, your next

Oakview2

When SB 670 just came about. I did the math on the number of fishing licenses issued annually in CA. I didn’t save the data, but based on if the average CA fisherman each lost one pound per year (into CA waterways), the number amounted to TONS of lead – every year.

A major source of CA DFG is derived from selling fishing licenses. The purpose of “fishing” is to catch, kill & harvest FISH. Thus, CA DFG encourages, promotes, approves & licenses the slaughter of FISH – in California waterways. Most certainly – CA – DFG is profoundly prejudiced – by the very fact – the millions of licenses they sell annually to people to KILL fish in CA waterways is a major source of CA DFG annual income.

Edited by elder-miner

Divide and Conquer. A tactic that has been used by the environmentalist since the 60's. Sad but true. I used to subscribe to fishing magazines and belong to a club. But when they jumped on the band wagon to shut down dredging , I canceled all that. No fishing publication or group will ever see a dime of my money again. To bad, because they could have been an ally

It always has struck me as weird that the Water Board in Disneyland North publishes scientific findings of methyl mercury in the tissues of ALL fish and wildlife in our rivers, yet suggests no regulation restricting the release of freshly caught fish back into the water (thus accepting this type of water pollution which by their lights is a matter of FACT, but not accepting the loss of 2% of elemental mercury by dredgers that is only speculatively possible to be converted into methyl mercury). One of the current agendas of the Water Board is to establish water quality standards that would be considered safe for Native Americans to subsist on food taken from the waters of California. One obvious non-speculative way to cut down on methyl mercury in the water is to ban the release of these methyl mercury laden fish.

Anybody see a conflict in CA law here?

Who is subject to SMARA?

The Act's requirements apply to anyone, including government agencies, engaged in surface mining operations in California (including those on federally managed lands) which disturb more than one acre or remove more than 1,000 cubic yards of material. This includes, but is not limited to: prospecting and exploratory activities, dredging and quarrying, streambed skimming, borrow pitting, and the stockpiling of mined materials.

http://www.conservation.ca.gov/omr/smara/Pages/faq.aspx

Fishermen & greenies are not seeking to have SMARA repealed

Actually I posted all the facts and figures,UTILIZING THEIR OWN DOCUMENTS OF COARSE, in relation to fishermen,hunters,boaters and such in my humongeous EIR statement to CDFG. HUNDREDS OF MILIONS OF FISH KILLED AND BILLIONS COLLECTED. But of coarse we are damed forevermore for having the mere capability to do damage,which was NEVER proven or documented in relation to the reds beds which started this mess.- John

Read this on the GPAA forum. If Judge Ochoa adjudicates this on the facts, and not proposed harm we will have a victory in August and Hoser can pose his dredged in the water, his Party on T-shirt, and a pan of gold in one hand and a bottle in the other.

You have to remember that the state officially said that dredging causes no harm in the CEQA. The politics are some folks feel that it may cause harm and is the reason we are in court. Judge Ochoa said earlier this year in open court that having the CEQA show no harm, they (DFW) will have hard time proving the need for the moratorium.

Edited by Oakview2

It always has struck me as weird that the Water Board in Disneyland North publishes scientific findings of methyl mercury in the tissues of ALL fish and wildlife in our rivers, yet suggests no regulation restricting the release of freshly caught fish back into the water (thus accepting this type of water pollution which by their lights is a matter of FACT, but not accepting the loss of 2% of elemental mercury by dredgers that is only speculatively possible to be converted into methyl mercury). One of the current agendas of the Water Board is to establish water quality standards that would be considered safe for Native Americans to subsist on food taken from the waters of California. One obvious non-speculative way to cut down on methyl mercury in the water is to ban the release of these methyl mercury laden fish.

So, if it is not currently safe, then the law must forbid Native Americans from swimming in the lakes, streams and rivers until we get this mercury mess cleaned up and all Native Americans thoroughly Chelated! :arrowheadsmiley: -- Cheers, Unc

Facts are facts, but politics does not give a darn about the facts, only agendas that provide money to the States coffers IE: Indian Gaming $$$$$$ This issue has nothing to do about protecting Coho Salmon. JUst thank Dave McCrack and his goons for causing all the anal non lubrticated penetration to all California Dredgers and soon to be Oregon Dredgers too.

Knew him in early '80's and he was shaking the sh*t to others' detriment clear back then . He isn't about helping miners, only lining his pockets--the way it always has been! Cheers Unc